New Grow out Competition

• SPS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LPS

• SOFTIES AKA Zoas \ Pallys

• Total voters
Plus, depending on how hardy the polyp is, you could game it by just cutting each polyp down the center every few weeks to get a huge number of small polyps.

A way to avoid that is by doing weekly updates. Everybody has to post a clear picture of their frag and if you don't comply you get kicked out of the competition.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
WrasseAttack;111723 said:
A way to avoid that is by doing weekly updates. Everybody has to post a clear picture of their frag and if you don't comply you get kicked out of the competition.
what if i got two big ole fatties and you have a small one with 2 babies you can barely see ...who wins? ...i think weight will still be needed

dv3;111735 said:
what if i got two big ole fatties and you have a small one with 2 babies you can barely see ...who wins? ...i think weight will still be needed
If you need to squint to see it, no go. Only large fully formed polyps count. If it's a draw between a couple of competitors then the magnifying glass can come into play. Weight isn't always correct either. If somebody can grow polyps but they can't grow a coraline crust on their frag plug, they're screwed.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I look at it this way.....if I'm looking to see growth in my tank, the biggest factor I'm looking for is the number of visible polyps.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Once a coral is picked, what is next in the process?

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;112787 said:
Once a coral is picked, what is next in the process?
Once we have a winner for type of coral i will have to contact some vendors to go take a look at thier stock. i want to keep this local so that it benifits our club and our vendors instead of bringing a coral from an outsider in. once i have an idea of what types of coral our sponsors have that will meet our requirements we can have another vote.

FYI: This Grow Out Competition will be held be me as a member and the Club is not footing any bills on this.(as of right now)

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think everyone who signs up should put five to ten bucks for the frag and that money can be used as the price money.

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;124344 said:
I think everyone who signs up should put five to ten bucks for the frag and that money can be used as the price money.
to an extent that is the principal to what we would like to do but depending on the coral the price will vary. The cost of entry will help pay for the coral, frag plugs and prizes which could include gift certificates from our sponsors or a number of different prizes.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would love to see this "boosted" up again, sooo old thread bump!!

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have about 25 polyps of goblins fire(i think) zoas that i could donate for the grow out if you think that would be enough polyps...
They look like this but they dont have this good of color.