New read sea 450

Hello everyone my name is James I recently picked up in a red sea 450 aquarium my goal is to set up a reef tank with some softies a few fish .
I have been out of the game for many years , the last time I had a Fishtank was back in the 80s; as one might guess everything is changed, technology ,chemicals and even the tanks.
This will be my first try running a sump and Refugium and I am hopeful this group could provide information to help me learn along the way .
Jamie

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Congrats on the purchase, they look like truly amazing setups and I have to say I'm very envious. Ask any questions and we will do our best to answer from experiences. One huge tip I can tell you is to YouTube "brs 52 weeks of reefing" every week they go over something new about the hobby and completely walk you thru the set up if their 160. Now they don't have a budget so they get all the fancy stuff but there are other ways to achieve the same results. Highly suggest watching all those videos from start to finish though. Again welcome!

Congrats on your new tank and welcome. If there is anything we can do to help please let us know. Welcome to MASC.

rjl45

Clown Fish
Lots of great people here to help. +100 on BRS YouTube videos, watched most of them myself

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk