New site is terrible as well as the new Tapatalk!

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know the site has been up and running for a few months now but I truly do not like this site any longer.(Not due to the content.) To many message and impossible to edit, update or change ones personal account settings. Avatars uploads are jank and I can not change some of my other personal info. JMO.

Sorry and see ya around.

Martin

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
MartinsReef;n642634 said:
I know the site has been up and running for a few months now but I truly do not like this site any longer.(Not due to the content.) To many message and impossible to edit, update or change ones personal account settings. Avatars uploads are jank and I can not change some of my other personal info. JMO.

Sorry and see ya around.

Martin
I totally agree, this site sucks!!

Legonch

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh Snap!.......

I miss the chat box......I was a total newb then, but it was cool. Of course Im easily amused.......

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Not a big fan either but not leaving due to it. Some of my favorite people are from here. Yea, I miss the chat room. I don't like brooding on tap talk as well. Maybe it'll change wig enough positive action. I know the board wants this place to be helpful, fun and positive.

rjl45

Clown Fish
I have only used taptalk, and think it's pretty good, convenient and easy to post. Am I missing something? Maybe I don't know any better. If there is a better app, I would really like to know lol I occasionally read another forum, nano-reef, but because they aren't on taptalk, I tend to ignore it.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
I'm trying to smash on the work it takes to upgrade vbulletin it sucks and I appreciate what you guys were working on. With upgrades there are always growing pains but I did like the chat. Lol. And I'm still not able to receive pm on Tapatalk or notification which I was able to with the previous version. Again thanks for all that you guy (BOD) do for us.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
So normally it's help to provide some constructive feed back. Saying it sucks does us no good as I have no idea what you don't like and therefor can't fix it.

The only thing I see here is the chat box which unfortunately no one has built for the new version yet. It's at the top of my list but nothing I can do as if now.

If anyone is really interested it could be great to use a story format for agile software development.

As a (role) I want (something) so that (benefit).

For example. As a forum user I want to be able to be able to real time chat with other users so that I don't make a bunch of short chatty posts on threads.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Yes I agree the forum has some hiccups (bad links, no user locations and no chat box) and it is irritating there are no push notifications on TaT. I personally don't think the site is that different in function rather the main page just looks different. TaT though on the whole functions, acts and functions exactly like it always has. Again TaT is not fully functional with VB5 yet so push notifications aren't working correctly (this is not an internal problem that BOD is being lazy about fixing). We have hopes that updates will come soon and will get more smooth.

As for pictures Andrew I can't seem to figure it out. Are you able to upload pics via TaT on any other forums? Are there any others not able to upload pics? Just put of curiosity what is the phone or tablet type that it is failing to upload on? Are you uploading using tapatalk or are you pasting a url / img code from photobucket?

I really am sorry folks are unhappy but please give us the benefit of the doubt that we are listening, discussing options and really trying everything we can to get it back to happy smooth sailing for everyone.

*also just to make sure there is no confusion we did not update Tapatalk it updates itself. So things like location and all the other things related to info was not an upgrade on our end.

Last edited by a moderator:

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
that0neguy1126;n642670 said:
So normally it's help to provide some constructive feed back. Saying it sucks does us no good as I have no idea what you don't like and therefor can't fix it.

The only thing I see here is the chat box which unfortunately no one has built for the new version yet. It's at the top of my list but nothing I can do as if now.

If anyone is really interested it could be great to use a story format for agile software development.

As a (role) I want (something) so that (benefit).

For example. As a forum user I want to be able to be able to real time chat with other users so that I don't make a bunch of short chatty posts on threads.
Seriously?? I think we have the right to express are thoughts, and I think it sucks right now, I'm sorry for expressing what I think and I think we should go back to the old site it was simple and easy to use, sorry if I offended some one with the way I think but that's just my opinion

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
tony02133;642679 said:
Seriously?? I think we have the right to express are thoughts, and I think it sucks right now, I'm sorry for expressing what I think and I think we should go back to the old site it was simple and easy to use, sorry if I offended some one with the way I think but that's just my opinion
He's not offended but stating just that it sucks doesn't help. Give him specifics perhaps he can fix them or change them. You are entitled to your opinion but help the guy volunteering his time to make it better.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Again I appreciate that you liked the last version of Vbulletin better (VB4), but really other than the look there isn't many differences that would justify saying "This site sucks"!!!!!

As Derek suggested please let us know what problems you personally are having and we will try and resolve them. If it's just distaste for the look/layout we can't do much about that, but if it's actually site failures and errors please let us know and we will try and fix them for you.

Also if you want to discuss more feel free to give me a call or text 303.506.zero217

Last edited by a moderator: