New site is terrible as well as the new Tapatalk!

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It sucks it sucks it sucks lol.
I have no idea what my picture issue is I post on no other forums. I don't think anyone is mad with the BOD. Just the flow of site. I can't post pics even from Web view on laptop or Android phone.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I agree that constructive criticism should be given instead of just saying that "this site sucks." Not to say it does or doesn't suck, but without describing issues, then the site can't get better. So, for me, I don't really care if the chat is there or not. I rarely used it anyways and for the most part, it was just a few people using it on a regular basis. I too have problems with viewing private messages on tapatalk but they work on the site when I am online. I primarily use my ipad to view the masc site. I noticed that when I am on the "today's posts" the masc sponsor and events are posted twice and it takes up a bunch of room on the top of the page.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Andrew_bram;n642635 said:
I must say I am frustrated with not being able to post pics and such. But my friends are here.
you can, you need to upload them to a place like photobucket or imgur and link to them with the BB code image tag

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
that0neguy1126;n642670 said:
If anyone is really interested it could be great to use a story format for agile software development.

As a (role) I want (something) so that (benefit).
Found the BA :p

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I like that there are more than 9 posts per page. It makes it a lot less hassle to get caught up on a thread from the beginning when you're not having to click through page after page.
I second the desire for a chat box, but until that feature is made available, there's not much the BOD can do.
There actually IS a MASC FB page... and I think Allyson is the only one posting on it. We could chat there for sure. I'm on FB all dang day, so that'd be easy for me. In other words, Seth... PPPBBBBTTTTHHHH.
PMs were working a few days ago, not sure what happened.

I just got my login situated a few days ago for the new site, so I'm still getting used to it.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Balz3352;642681 said:
He's not offended but stating just that it sucks doesn't help. Give him specifics perhaps he can fix them or change them. You are entitled to your opinion but help the guy volunteering his time to make it better.
Volunteer is the key word. Relax and consider that most everyone has a day job and that this is volunteer work for the betterment of the entire community. Help them help everyone, not get angry with them for volunteering to try and help everyone. Be the solution not the problem type of thing here.

tony02133

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
LeviK;n642748 said:
Volunteer is the key word. Relax and consider that most everyone has a day job and that this is volunteer work for the betterment of the entire community. Help them help everyone, not get angry with them for volunteering to try and help everyone. Be the solution not the problem type of thing here.
Dude don't even start any drama please ,if I don't like the site I will say it plain and simple, I just think we should go back to the old site that's it ,if you don't like my opinion just move on

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Like Chad tried to explain, it's not that simple. Going back to the old site means a lot of threads and data will be lost.

And I hardly think he's starting drama by reminding people that the BOD, and specifically our site admin, are volunteering their time to run the club and the website. Rather the opposite, really. On top of that, he has just as much right to express his opinion as you do. He didn't tell anyone to sit down and shut up like you just did.

If you don't like his post, or mine, take your own direction and just move on.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
that0neguy1126;n642670 said:
So normally it's help to provide some constructive feed back. Saying it sucks does us no good as I have no idea what you don't like and therefor can't fix it.

The only thing I see here is the chat box which unfortunately no one has built for the new version yet. It's at the top of my list but nothing I can do as if now.

If anyone is really interested it could be great to use a story format for agile software development.

As a (role) I want (something) so that (benefit).

For example. As a forum user I want to be able to be able to real time chat with other users so that I don't make a bunch of short chatty posts on threads.

I was simply expressing my thought about the new site and I am glad that I am not alone here. However; this was not intended to be a personal attack at the BOD or IT committee.

1.) I never said it sucks! I said it was terrible.
2.) I never blamed nor said it was the BODs fault.
3.) I did not say I was leaving. I like "MOST" of you.

Things that are are not user friendly.

1.) No notification anymore about replies.
2.) Can not seem to filter through 300+ messages?!
3.) Can not get an picture to upload!?
4.) Avatar size and can not be changed nor uploads does not work.
5.) Tapatalk integration. Not always working.
6.) Spell check, in post no longer works.
7.) Making changes to personal accounts don't change or saves??
8.) links do not work.

These are just some of the thing but not limited to, that I have noticed.

Again, Thank you for your work on this as I truly do know how hard and many hours you guys put in to make this club and forum run.

See ya round,

Martin

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;n642700 said:
you can, you need to upload them to a place like photobucket or imgur and link to them with the BB code image tag [/QUOTE]

This has not worked for me. just so you know that it is more than pulling/uploading from photo bucket and I use photo bucket. IME

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think someone needs a hug.

I don't like the new Web view. I don't own a computer so I'm just browsing on my phone, iPhone 6s plus. It reminds me of the "mobile optimized" websites, which of course made them a chore to navigate on phones.

Isn't there a chat option on tapatalk? It doesn't have these screen names, but I've seen some of you around there. The dead links seem to originate there.

I cannot change my avatar for the life of me.

Does that help?

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I don't have anything constructive to add here to the specific conversation.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that volunteers to help manage the site(s) and MASC. I appreciate having a place to post up and network locally.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know Martin. I wasnt singling you out on my response. Your list is great and I'll be working to address it when I can.

And I am not offended. It's not like you are calling my baby ugly. Tony you are entitled to you opinion. All I'm trying to tell you is that without constructive feedback I'll make changes to the site that I feel are important or needed which may not be what you want and then all that effort is wasted.

As for other options. Vbulletin is pretty much the defacto standard although there are some newer forums and ways of doing things out there. This would be a lot of time and effort but we could get a list of other options and let people see them and vote to which they like better.

Another thing I'll mention is when deciding on things like this we typically use what's called a fist of five when approving 1 or 2 means you can't live with it. 3 means you don't agree but can live with it and 4 or 5 means you support it fully. Remember that not everyone thinks the same way or wants the same things. If the way something looks or works on the forum will cause you to leave the club. We want to fix it. If it's a minor thing that other people like I would ask you. Can you live with it and get over it? Just something to keep in mind when talking about these things.