new sump

the sump that I had for my 550 gallon was small for my needs. I got a new sump build, its 72x24x19 inch and it looks great. let me know what do you guys think?

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Question, looks like your dosing tubes go below the water line, how does that work????? When my alk goes below the water line it clouds up the tubes. Precipitation....

Jeremiah;n653182 said:
Question, looks like your dosing tubes go below the water line, how does that work????? When my alk goes below the water line it clouds up the tubes. Precipitation....
its the first time i am trying it. I rather clouding the tube than keep it above the water level and all the crust will build up around the line and around the sump.
one of the main reason people like to keep the dosing lines above the water level so it will not syphon the water from the sump and then to the dosing container and then you will have a big leak. I am going to use one way valves so I will not have that problem.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Who built that? I may be in the market when I move. Smaller fish room space than I have now. I think I'll need about 36"x??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Sexy lookin sump!!

The sump was build by Tom at ADHI, he did an amazing job. I love how much time and effort he put to make it look this good.
I will post some pics after I figure out the pluming.