new tank

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok all so I got the background all done and fired up the pump and bam 5 leaks. Two from the tank to the overflow box (fixed) and three from the three overflow box drains (rigged). Also this thing is gurgling really loud. Im guessing I can fix the noise by putting some pvc fittings with air hole and line out the top where the water drains in the overflows and Im thinking some weld on 16 around the bottom of the drain fittings will fix the leaks? I cant get a wrench in to tighten the bulkheads as its a ghost overflow and theres no room to work. Any ideas would be much appreciated thanks. I will add some pics shortly.

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh also my protein skimmer stopped making as many bubbles so it doesn't seem to be skimming anything anyone have any idea why?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
What type/style of skimmer? Make and model would be even better.

SilverSurfer

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Its a lifereef with a magdrive 9.5 on it but as it turns out it started working while I was sleeping so woke up with a full cup lol. Its blowing bubbles like crazy now. Everything still working good just need to make a few adjustments to rid myself if micro bubbles and the small leaks again I think weld on 16 should fix the leak situation and just need to reroute the final return so it doesnt let out right next to the pump inlet I dont know why I didnt think of that before.