New to site

Hello people, previous reefer from about 10 yers ago. I have been to a few stores in Littleton area and watched almost all BRS videos. Lurking Craigslist and ebay, I am considering getting back into the hobby and want at least a 75 as I had a 55, moved up to a 75 and loved it but had too many hobbys and kids. Still have the kids and less hobbies. I was recently in Aquamart and heard about the Red Sea Reefer and the rimless tanks look great I just havent seen it in person yet. I cant beleive how much technology in reefing AIO and lighting has changed. I have considered used to save tons of money. Until I pull the trigger I will keep looking in the for sale section here and hope to be reefing by summer if not sooner. If anybody has any advice please chime in, Love the forum. Thanks.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
:welcome:

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Glad you have come back to the dark side :) we look forward to seeing you around on the site and the meetings!!!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Just out of curiosity do you have a foot print size you are wanting to stay with in? I notice you are interested in rimless.......if this is the direction you really want to head I think we have something coming up you will be interested in (group buy on frag and rimless tanks- not to be beat by anything or anyone on the planet).

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;343313 said:
Just out of curiosity do you have a foot print size you are wanting to stay with in? I notice you are interested in rimless.......if this is the direction you really want to head I think we have something coming up you will be interested in (group buy on frag and rimless tanks- not to be beat by anything or anyone on the planet).
Group buy on frag tanks?? Similar to scmas?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Yes sir - we've actually been in planning for 4-5 months lol (well since before scmas last one anwyay). However as might guess it will be a much bigger buy (as far as number of tanks) with MASC so taking some planning and good timing. Keep your eyes out in the next few weeks/month.

CRW Reef;343313 said:
I am looking to stay under 60" long say by 18" wide and 18" tall and really want an all glass rimless. I was in Aquamart and they were really talking up the Reefer series and I love the AIO option but don't have to have it. I love building things so if I can get a tank I can start getting things together. I do not want a hang on back overflow noisy filter box like I had on my 75 Oceanic 10 years ago. I want a tank with a internal overflow around 100 gallons. I am thinking of running without a lid and just hanging lights over the tank so I can maintain temp. with out a chiller as well as not to have to buy a hood. I want Coral, anemones and reef friendly fish. I'm trying not to break the bank if possible.