New to this Forum

Hello all,

I'm still new to this hobby with only a year of experience at keeping my RSM130D. I've been pretty active on another forum, but seeing as how the only people I know into reefing are the guys down at the LFS I thought I would search for a local forum to see if I can meet some new people around the Fort Collins area who share this passion.

As stated, I currently am running an RSM130D with a few modifications. Current inhabitants include a Green Mandarin, Sailfin Blenny, and Ruby Headed Fairy Wrasse. CUC includes some various snails, serpent star, peppermint shrimp, a few hermits and a pincushion. I run an SPS dominated tank consisting of mostly acros, along with a couple LPS (a purple tip hammer and pink goniopora), and a few softies (green mushrooms, a very small florida ricorida, some zoas, and a photosynthetic gorgonian). I also have a rock anemone and BTA.

A few months back I figured I would upgrade my tank. Now while I wanted to go big, being in a condo unit on the 3rd floor, my options were limited due to space available and weight. I ended up going with a Reefer 250 and have been slowly setting it up for the past month now. Of course I've run into some problems that have slowed me down, but I should have a 100% completed and running system ready to cycle in the next couple of weeks.

I have started a build thread on the other forum for my tank, but plan on setting one up in this forum as well once I have some time.

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome to a support group that feeds everyone's addiction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuanGutz;n663088 said:
Welcome to MASC, glad to see another northerner. I'm in greeley but I know we have a few folks up in foco.
TheRealChrisBrown;n663089 said:
Welcome to the club! I'm in Loveland, if you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask.
Rigo07;n663092 said:
Welcome I'm in Loveland

Irishman;n663097 said:
Welcome to a support group that feeds everyone's addiction.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome. We are here up in FoCo!! Let us know if you need anything fish related.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome! The FOCO crew is a good bunch. Which reminds me I need to schedule a get together on the 23rd when I am in town for the holidays.

Fourthwind;n663103 said:
Welcome! Look forward to seeing you at a meeting!
sethsolomon;n663120 said:
Welcome! The FOCO crew is a good bunch. Which reminds me I need to schedule a get together on the 23rd when I am in town for the holidays.
Meetings and get togethers? That sounds like fun

SkyShark;n663105 said:
Welcome! Glad you found us
fishguy69;n663108 said:
Welcome. We are here up in FoCo!! Let us know if you need anything fish related.

Thanks everyone!:thumb:

dweeb

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome! I'm in Windsor area.

FYI - one of the owners of Grimm Brothers Brewing (traditional German style beer in Loveland) is a former reefer, and I know they'd be happy to give us meeting space if we'd care to use their facilities (they are in eastern Loveland, at 623 Denver Ave).

SynDen;n663162 said:
:welcome:
dweeb;n663196 said:
Welcome! I'm in Windsor area.

FYI - one of the owners of Grimm Brothers Brewing (traditional German style beer in Loveland) is a former reefer, and I know they'd be happy to give us meeting space if we'd care to use their facilities (they are in eastern Loveland, at 623 Denver Ave).
Thanks!

dweeb - sethsolomon has a poll going for a Dec. 23rd meeting and I believe Grimm Brothers is listed as a possible location on the poll

Not sure if you've seen it yet but heres the link :smile-new:

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome! There's always room for another fish and coral junkie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JZinCO

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hello from Fort Collins! Let me know if you need anything.