New to This!

robert.talarico

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey everyone, I'm Robert. I have been keeping fw aquariums since I was 16, so 6 years now. I just recently setup my first saltwater aquarium several months ago, which was a jbj picotope. It houses a onyx/Picasso hybrid clown. I just set up a 10g with 2x18w t5ho. Is that light going to be sufficient enough for anemone/coals?

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
you bet it is, just not all corals, if you can make it to longmont I have a freebie if you need one.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome to MASC...

What kind of corals are you thinking about putting in your ten gallon?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
welcome ...i would say the lighting is sufficient for lps and zoas/paly but not sps ...thats a very small tank though and problems can become big in a tank that small fast so start out with cheap/easy corals

Last edited by a moderator:

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
and maybe a nem, maybe not, they do need light, have to play that one by ear.

robert.talarico

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks wicked demon. I'll take all the freebies i can get. Setting up the tank drained my funds for now. Drop your number in a pm maybe I can stop by Sunday mid day? Khensura I'm not quite sure as to what corals yet. I like hammer/frogspawns and xenias. Any ideas?

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome! Why don't you post a list of what you like, maybe a few pics also? IMO, you'd be best skipping the nem is such a small tank.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;85751 said:
IMO, you'd be best skipping the nem is such a small tank.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
agreed my RTBA is in my 28 gallon cube and i have to be careful where i place corals or the nem will sting them

welcome

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
no, a sting is just the begining, a reef is like a wall of beautifull mouths trying to eat each other.