New Toy! (lots o' pics)

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Is that second pic an all purple frogspawn?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Wow Steve those are insanely sick pics!!!! That pic of the green/purple hammer tips are sweet!! Also dig the pink and golds, wow they look so amazing up close.

Great shots, great choice in the lens. People can argue about camera bodies (Nikon, Canon, Minolta, etc) but hands down the best glass is the ED glass from Nikon. I shoot several Nikons and my wife is still in the dark ages with Canon :). Correct me if I'm wrong but at a 105mm fixed focal you're a 62 mm filter, correct? I have several macro filters (1X,2X,4X, etc) you can play with and they'll blow you away! PM me if you want to borrow some and I'll take them with me next time I run up north. Great shots, great choice.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Are most of these "top down" in a shallow frag tank? I have been playing with my macro lens but struggle to get good pics of anything further than about 6 inches back from the glass.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice shots. I'm using the Tamron SP 90mm 2.8 macro on my Nikon; I'm definitely happy with the quality of the glass...my only gripe is the fact that the tube extends so much at 1:1 that you get light fall off and lose the faster shutter speed. I'd considered the Nikkor 105mm ED lens...but I couldn't get myself to shell out the cash for it and got a KILLER deal on a lightly used Tamron (Nikon glass sure does hold value well!) Either way...macro can get addicting VERY quickly. :)

Enjoy the fun! I took a few pics of the polyps on my orange monti digi the other day...pretty amazing being able to see all the details in what appears to be "fuzz" even with your face pressed up against the glass. ;)