Newbie need all the help of more experienced reef keepers! moving question

I started a DBTC equipment for him. 55 Gallon, overflow, skimmer and heater. I hope to see updates!

If your planning on moving in 5 months I would set your tank up without sand. This way you can get your live rocks to mature a bit before the move so when you set the tank back up at your new more permanent place you should be good to go day 1 (add sand then if you want). Sand is a nightmare when moving imo. Makes the break down take longer and its really messy when removing. I just moved here from Dallas/Ft Worth and brought 3 tanks with live stock lol so I know how bad moving tanks are.

Kluker589;365965 said:
They are just so unreliable. You never know what will happen. To many bad story's of them overflowing and destroying a home and the tank. Just get it drilled at the lfs if u don't feel comfortable doing it your self. Usually they charge 15-25 a hole.
I apologize for being late to this thread, and not knowing, but does anyone know of a place near Lakewood that would be able to accommodate such a task? My drill turned to garbage recently and I don't own the bit any longer. Not to mention apartment-life and these things can be tricky. I can't wait to buy our home!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Aquatic art and/or aquamart both may be able to help

SynDen;367022 said:
Aquatic art and/or aquamart both may be able to help
Thank you very kindly. I may be doing a custom refugium soon and may enlist their expertise. I will be headed that way tomorrow in seach of some Tropic Marin salt hopefully.