Royal Gramma with unknown condition

Pth03001

Copepod
M.A.S.C Club Member
So we got a Royal Gramma on 02-04-18 and it has been in QT ever since (thank god). He came and immediately presented with symptoms of flukes (up at the top of the water, breathing heavy, began to get cloudy eyes, fin rot/deterioration). Started to treat for flukes with fresh water dips (2 of them) and had success. Link to the dips below. The dips were done at the same temp and pH and with fresh RO/DI water for 15 minutes without distress shown in the fish either time. After the dips we treated the tank with Paragard in the QT for 2 weeks and he started eating and did not have another outbreak. The only thing was that the Gramma had some discolored, foggy blotches on its body after this. The blotches looked like damaged scales and I believed I saw a few scales in the second freshwater bath.

Either way I came home from work today to find the Gramma's condition progressed to what you see in the images below. In the last two days the Gramma has stopped eating. That being said he did complete a full 3 course treatment of Dr. G's medicated food for internal parasites as a preventative. Currently the tank has 0 ammonia, temp is and has been stable at 76.5 and the salinity has been steady in the tank at 1.026 since we got the QT rolling. Weekly water changes have been completed and we are at a small loss to what this is. So you be the judge! Our next step may be adding into the tank either Kanaplez or Metroplex for the infection but still do not know for certain. Thanks again for the help.

View attachment 11076 View attachment 11077 View attachment 11078 View attachment 11079 View attachment 11077 View attachment 11078 View attachment 11079