Non jumping fish

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looking to add a few fish to my open top rimless tank. It's 40 gallons with two mated clowns currently. What non-jumpers can anyone recommend?

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, I guess, fish not known to jump often. I saw some scissor fin gobys and banded gobys over at AA, but was informed they will likely jump :(

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Non jumping fish

I've got a mated pair of clowns, a royal gramma, a scopas tang, and a blue spot jaw fish in my 40. Soon as my pods are back, I'll add a mandarin.

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a sm foxface, banggai cardinal, or blue/green chromis for sale if you're interested in one of them.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Non jumping fish

Blazinjack;232486 said:
I've got a mated pair of clowns, a royal gramma, a scopas tang, and a blue spot jaw fish in my 40. Soon as my pods are back, I'll add a mandarin.
Your blue spot has never jumped I had a yellow head jawfish and it was a jumper?

Badgervet

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm pretty sure a flounder won't jump....unless your putting it in your frying pan! Seriously the only thing that I've had that doesn't jump is my watchman's goby.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Non jumping fish

303travism;232492 said:
Your blue spot has never jumped I had a yellow head jawfish and it was a jumper?
Oh yeah she's jumped!! I've caught her 3 times, wifey had to scoop her back in once. But after about a month she's calmed down... Haven't had an incident in a while, now that she's got her cave!

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Non jumping fish

zoologist777;232493 said:
New to the forum.
But I have a 29 gal open top, and my sixline wrasse hasn't jumped.
Welcome! Please feel free to create an intro thread and tell us about yourself.

Wrasses are a group that are more prone to jumping. I think it has something to do with their threat response, swim really fast in the least threatening direction, which sometimes happens to be out of the tank.

The key, IMO (which means nothing), is to have a tank full of peacefully cohabiting fishes. Basically no stress=no jumping.