Nudi eggs? Pox?

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
View attachment 15977 From chat. Here's a pic that hopefully you can see the couple white spots I had on a frag that wasn't opening last couple days. Found one small see through clear looked like snot string with some tiny white dots inside it as well. Didn't really move much though when I checked on it again a minute later it had moved some which I don't think was from any amount of little flow.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I would do the Bayer dip personally. Im not sure its nudi eggs, the ones Ive seen are laid in a spiral pattern

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I put in seachem Coral Dip, only got pods off it.

I agree about the spiral + the thing I saw I really don't think was a nudi anyways. I want to say I had bumps like this on some early zoa's that died a year ago. Wondering if it is pox seems to fit out of the ailings I can identify.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I never liked Seachem's coral dip, I use Coral RX, but in all honesty the Bayer dip is much, much better for killing parasites.

Sounds like your zoas dont practice safe sex and are spreading zoa herps! LOL, sorry, couldnt resist!!

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It does look a bit like zoa pox; furan2 is supposed to be an effective treatment.

That being said, I had zoas show up with those spots before and just moved them to a higher flow area...those spots disappeared over time.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
+1 also agree Seachem Reef Dip isnt much for killing parasites. I would try the bayer method myself as well or Coral Rx but only if you have it already.