Offering Hands On DIY Acrylic Class

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry I never saw this till now! Pm incoming with my number! I've done very simple sketches but haven't done the true math! I'll try to get that done tomorrow!

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was losing faith, lol - let's talk tomorrow. We will need numbers on sump, ATo, etc or whatever else you wanted :)

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just wanted to give an update - we have one more that jumped on with us. I have all of his specs and will be updating the cut list and materials list over the next day or so and posting here.

I still need to talk with neogenix - sent you a PM Monday.

Whatever we have figured out by Sunday will be about it. I will need to get the cost covered by the end of next week so that we can place the order.

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Paypal will probably be best. I doubt I will make it to Reef Ed - got the GF and kids this weekend and I can't buy anything now anyways :(

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey guys - I have not had any internet in 3 days, but I think I am back now :). I will be working on the cut list today and will post back ASAP.

Does anyone have a preference on day? Saturday or Sunday May 30 or 31? With works for me...

Shawn

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Final Cut and Price List

Hey guys -

Here is the final cut list and price list. The price is will be updated one more time after I get per sheet pricing and calculate waste. I would suspect it will go down per person. I still need to hear back from 19TheSaint75 and JuanGutz to confirm that you are still in. If I don't hear back from you before the end of tomorrow, we will have to re-schedule for another day.

My plan is to get a everyone's confirmation by tomorrow. Then, I will re-adjust pricing based on who has confirmed and the exact sheet pricing from Pasticare. Then, I will need a Paypal from everyone for their portions. I will place the order with Plasticare on Wednesday morning. Everything will be picked up on Friday.

Since both days seem to be open for everyone, let's shoot for Sunday, May 31st @ 10 am.

Please look over the cut and price list and let me know if you see any errors for your stuff.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions...

Shawn
303-975-6093 View attachment 23619 View attachment 23620 View attachment 23621

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
First off, you are the man for putting this together!! I really excited for this and have re-appropriated space in my house to accommodate this frag tank. Sunday at 10 am sounds great.
Just a math check, Should these two panels be 46.50 instead of 46.25? (48.00 - 0.75 -0.75 = 46.50?)

[TABLE="width: 453"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 144"]Frag Tank Sides (B)[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 87, align: right"]2[/TD]
[TD="width: 73, align: right"]46.25[/TD]
[TD="class: xl64, width: 85, align: right"][/TD]
[TD="class: xl63, width: 64, align: right"]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey Brian -

A while back I had mentioned shortening everything by a quarter inch so that the panels could be cut to 48". That way we could use the entire width of a 48 x 96" panel and reduce waste. The end result is that your tank's final dimensions will be 47 3/4" x 47 3/4". Subtract that and you get the 46.25" sides...

If you have already done some other stuff that requires it to be a finished size of 48 x 48, let me know and we can take a look at what needs to be done.

Shawn

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
BTW - I have two kids ages 7 and 9 that will be happy to entertain your kids if you want to bring them. We have a movie theater and tons of games / toys.... I plan on cooking up some sort of food throughout the day too...

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
szavoda;351042 said:
Hey Brian -

A while back I had mentioned shortening everything by a quarter inch so that the panels could be cut to 48". That way we could use the entire width of a 48 x 96" panel and reduce waste. The end result is that your tank's final dimensions will be 47 3/4" x 47 3/4". Subtract that and you get the 46.25" sides...

If you have already done some other stuff that requires it to be a finished size of 48 x 48, let me know and we can take a look at what needs to be done.

Shawn
Ahhhh, I had forgotten that, thanks!

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
szavoda;351043 said:
BTW - I have two kids ages 7 and 9 that will be happy to entertain your kids if you want to bring them. We have a movie theater and tons of games / toys.... I plan on cooking up some sort of food throughout the day too...
I dont have any kids to bring, but I can bring some food too. Let me know if there is anything specific I can bring.

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got pricing this morning

I got the sheet cost from Plasticare this morning. It was more than expected, so please look over the revised price list and cut sheet. The 3/8" price will definitely go down as one of the panels is exactly a half sheet. 3/4" was much more than I expected. Price per sheet is as follows and includes tax (I calculated @ 8%) and CNC charge:

3/8" => $218 => $270 w/ tax and CNC
1/2" => $279 => $336 w/ tax and CNC
3/4" => $465 => $537 w/ tax and CNC

If the revised price is too much, let me know and I can remove ASAP. We will need to get this in today in order to have it by the weekend. You can Paypal me your portion to shawn@adova.com. Just choose free option so they don't take 3%.

Shawn