Official macna announcement

MACNA2014

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Single Day Passes and Weekend Passes are now available!!

We've sold out the Full Conference Passes which included the Friday Reception and Saturday Banquet... that's over 1500 people.

Don't have your tickets yet? Don't fret! You can buy a Single Day Pass for $35 or a 3 Day Weekend Pass for $75, this pricing in only good on-line. Passes may also be purchased at the door, but at a higher cost.

What are you waiting for?? Many hundreds of folks are flying into Denver from across the country, and nearly 100 are coming from around the world. MACNA is in your own back yard!!

http://macnaconference.org/2014/registration/

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Will vendors be selling much in the way of dry goods? I know this is a place company's show off the latest and greatest and upcoming products, but with there be retail sales as well? I'm shopping around for a dosing pump setup and am wondering if i should hold off and see what will be available at MACNA.

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
SkyShark;321744 said:
Will vendors be selling much in the way of dry goods? I know this is a place company's show off the latest and greatest and upcoming products, but with there be retail sales as well? I'm shopping around for a dosing pump setup and am wondering if i should hold off and see what will be available at MACNA.
I'm sure there will be plenty.

MACNA2014

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
SkyShark;321744 said:
There will be over 50 vendors selling dry goods, corals and fish. Not to mention the many freebies that you get just for showing up! The attendee bag is stuffed full of goodies, exhibitors are handing out freebies from drawing tickets to T-Shirts to other fun reef paraphernalia. You'll need to unload your attendee bag at least once just to fit all the free stuff in there!

Unless you've been to a MACNA before, you just have no idea how awesome this event is. The free items are worth more than the cost of your weekend pass! You could be entirely wardrobed for a week in reefer T's!

amonchak

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C Treasurer
Bump!! be sure to get you day or weekend pass now!!

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mav;322706 said:
What is the best day to go?
Everyday!! :)

Friday is first dibs on the coolest corals, Saturday is a continuation of the great speakers... and of course the prize drawings. Sunday is the time to find bargains and be the lucky winner of a BFT. Big Fabulous Tank.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rmougey;322742 said:
Everyday!! :)

Friday is first dibs on the coolest corals, Saturday is a continuation of the great speakers... and of course the prize drawings. Sunday is the time to find bargains and be the lucky winner of a BFT. Big Fabulous Tank.
Yea yea yeah we all know what BFT really means. :)

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I see that ORA will have a booth, but does anyone know if they will be selling livestock (captive raised gobies specifically) direct to the public?

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
zombie;322788 said:
They have many other fishes they have bred other than the mandarins. I have heard they stopped (for now) breeding mandarins, but there are a few other types I am interested in.
This is a list of all the fish they have successfully bred, but they are not all necessarily available currently. I do see some pop up on the Divers Den page seemingly at random. Maybe Live Aquaria will sell them at the show...
http://www.orafarm.com/products/fish/

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
SkyShark;322787 said:
I see that ORA will have a booth, but does anyone know if they will be selling livestock (captive raised gobies specifically) direct to the public?
Ora does not breed mandarins anymore according to Jake Adams via reefbuilders article. The cost and time involved makes it prohibitive since wild caught are so much cheaper.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
LeviK;322802 said:
Ora does not breed mandarins anymore according to Jake Adams via reefbuilders article. The cost and time involved makes it prohibitive since wild caught are so much cheaper.
Right. I'm not looking for a mandarin. They have bred a few other goby species I am interested in.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
SkyShark;322787 said:
ORA doesn't sell directly, however there may be vendors with their fish, and sometimes they end up being donated to the drawings.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
2 questions:
1. Where do us locals park? Is there designated place or are we YOYO?
2. I see that Mansa members get in an hour before general public, but there is a speaker during that time as well... can the general public go to see the speaker or not?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haulin Oates;324116 said:
2 questions:
1. Where do us locals park? Is there designated place or are we YOYO?
2. I see that Mansa members get in an hour before general public, but there is a speaker during that time as well... can the general public go to see the speaker or not?
Dont kbow the answer to 2, but the answer to 1 is wherever you find that is within reasonable walking distance for you and is a price you are willing to pay. Parking in the convention center is no walk but rediculously expensive. You cheapest option is gonna be any of the lots north of park avenue, but its a bit of a walk. On sunday, just park at a meter since they are free.