Official macna announcement

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Balz3352;324129 said:
You could park on southeast side of Auraria campus and walk... Its not too bad of a walk. Probably 5 mins

Lightrail drops you right off at the convention center.... Park in a lightrail lot, and train in the last section.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
ThunderTwonk;324126 said:
I am also unclear on when they are opening for the general public. Rob can you chime in on that?
10am friday morning I believe

and yes Light rail is going to be, by far, the easiest way to get to the convention center if you are local. Park in any light rail lot outside of the city and ride it in. The D and H lines, both go right through downtown and literally drop off right next to the convention center doors. I wouldnt want to try and drive into the city if you can avoid it. The Taste of Colorado is also this weekend. driving through the city and parking anywhere in the city is going to be hectic and likely fairly expensive

Last edited by a moderator:

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Greetings everyone.....

Light Rail is your friend... it stops right at the Convention Center and is much easier than trying to park downtown.

Speakers start at 9am, the exhibit hall opens at 10am. If you are a MASNA member (ALL of you should be!!!!!) then you get early access to the show floor on Friday at 9am. That means you get to see the cool stuff before anyone else.

If you have a pass to get in to the show, you have access to the speakers at 9am. They are in a different room. We have 100K sq ft of space in use at the Convention Center... this isn't a little frag swap. :)

Two other events you should know about: Friday morning at 8am is the MASNA member meeting. Spend $20 to become a member and help support the hobby. We will be electing the new board members during this time.

Sunday morning at 8am is the MASNA Presidents meeting. Doyle... are you listening?? This is for you......

-Rob

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;324133 said:
Lightrail drops you right off at the convention center.... Park in a lightrail lot, and train in the last section.
+1

Find a lot on the way from your house and park for free then hop on the light rail

TravelinGal

Turbo Snail
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;324134 said:
and yes Light rail is going to be, by far, the easiest way to get to the convention center if you are local. Park in any light rail lot outside of the city and ride it in. The D and H lines, both go right through downtown and literally drop off right next to the convention center doors. I wouldnt want to try and drive into the city if you can avoid it. The Taste of Colorado is also this weekend. driving through the city and parking anywhere in the city is going to be hectic and likely fairly expensive
OK - I'm not a public transportation snob - I just never have a need to use it. Since I am not familiar with it, I have to ask... Is it safe for a woman traveling alone at night? I will be staying for the reception and the banquet on Fri and Sat. Hubby is only going on Sunday. I guess I'd use 9 mile (H) if I did this.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The only sketchy public transportation line I've seen in Denver is the Colfax BUS line late at night. IMO the light rail is extremely safe...the platforms and lots tend to be very well lit, and often have a patrol car sitting there for extra assurance. Granted...I'm a guy from NYC so maybe my view is skewed lol. If it helps, my g/f commuted on the light rail every day for a year and never had an issue.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Yep I have used the light rail pretty extensively for many years and never had a problem on them. they are vastly cleaner, faster and more comfortable then buses.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;324284 said:
Yep I have used the light rail pretty extensively for many years and never had a problem on them. they are vastly cleaner, faster and more comfortable then buses.
+1 my wife and I both take the light rail to and from work everyday. I've never not felt safe.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If anyone needs a dinner ticket for Saturday night, let me know. I'm not using mine... Free of course!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Munch;324417 said:
If anyone needs a dinner ticket for Saturday night, let me know. I'm not using mine... Free of course!
Might take you up on that let me check with the wife.

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch;324417 said:
I'll take it if you're not gonna use it.