1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Official macna announcement

Discussion in 'Community Info' started by MACNA2014, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

You could park on southeast side of Auraria campus and walk... Its not too bad of a walk. Probably 5 mins

2. Munch

Munch Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Lightrail drops you right off at the convention center.... Park in a lightrail lot, and train in the last section.

3. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

10am friday morning I believe

and yes Light rail is going to be, by far, the easiest way to get to the convention center if you are local. Park in any light rail lot outside of the city and ride it in. The D and H lines, both go right through downtown and literally drop off right next to the convention center doors. I wouldnt want to try and drive into the city if you can avoid it. The Taste of Colorado is also this weekend. driving through the city and parking anywhere in the city is going to be hectic and likely fairly expensive

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
  4. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Parking garage next to the rio 15th and market! After the show to grab a cold margarita!:)

5. rmougey

rmougey Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

Greetings everyone.....

Light Rail is your friend... it stops right at the Convention Center and is much easier than trying to park downtown.

Speakers start at 9am, the exhibit hall opens at 10am. If you are a MASNA member (ALL of you should be!!!!!) then you get early access to the show floor on Friday at 9am. That means you get to see the cool stuff before anyone else.

If you have a pass to get in to the show, you have access to the speakers at 9am. They are in a different room. We have 100K sq ft of space in use at the Convention Center... this isn't a little frag swap. :)

Two other events you should know about: Friday morning at 8am is the MASNA member meeting. Spend $20 to become a member and help support the hobby. We will be electing the new board members during this time.

Sunday morning at 8am is the MASNA Presidents meeting. Doyle... are you listening?? This is for you......

-Rob

6. Walter White

Walter White Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Rob can we sign up as MASNA members there at the meeting?

7. jahmic

jahmic Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

+1

Find a lot on the way from your house and park for free then hop on the light rail

8. TravelinGal

TravelinGal Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

OK - I'm not a public transportation snob - I just never have a need to use it. Since I am not familiar with it, I have to ask... Is it safe for a woman traveling alone at night? I will be staying for the reception and the banquet on Fri and Sat. Hubby is only going on Sunday. I guess I'd use 9 mile (H) if I did this.

9. jahmic

jahmic Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

The only sketchy public transportation line I've seen in Denver is the Colfax BUS line late at night. IMO the light rail is extremely safe...the platforms and lots tend to be very well lit, and often have a patrol car sitting there for extra assurance. Granted...I'm a guy from NYC so maybe my view is skewed lol. If it helps, my g/f commuted on the light rail every day for a year and never had an issue.

10. TravelinGal

TravelinGal Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Thanks jahmic

11. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Yep I have used the light rail pretty extensively for many years and never had a problem on them. they are vastly cleaner, faster and more comfortable then buses.

12. SkyShark

SkyShark Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

+1 my wife and I both take the light rail to and from work everyday. I've never not felt safe.

13. Ghxst

Ghxst Prawn

I might get to go to the reception tonight, what's the dress recommendations?

14. MuralReef

MuralReef Marlin Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

And for the banquet tomorrow?

15. Munch

If anyone needs a dinner ticket for Saturday night, let me know. I'm not using mine... Free of course!

16. MuralReef

Might take you up on that let me check with the wife.

17. RuRoo

RuRoo Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

I'll take it if you're not gonna use it.

18. MuralReef

Gonna pass Munch no one to watch the kids.

19. Munch

Leave em in the car ;)

RuRoo, hit me up, I'm home all day!

20. Ghxst

Ghxst Prawn

So we dressed up and then changed back while waiting since it we stood out too much lol. Cool event!!