OT - spreading the work around

From zooid:

I'm sorry I can't accept the nomination for MAL. I really love being involved but I just have no more time or stamina for it.

I really appreciate what Juan and Rob did for the big event this year but I feel like my efforts in set up and clean up after the event was no big thing. My wife, who has a bad back, was killing herself helping me set up and clean up.
I'd still like to help in any way that I can but sometimes my work schedule gets in the way. Good luck to all the nominees.
This just had me thinking. I'm sure there are people (like myself) who can't really afford the time and commitment to stand for office, but would be more than happy to help with things like setup / cleanup (or one or the other if you cant stay for all of a long event). When there is a lot of work to do that volunteers might be able to help for, please post something like - Event starts at 10am, but we could use a few people to help setup at 9:30am. I know it's hard to spread around things like all the organizing the board does.

Just a thought, but if there is work to be done, I know there are people who wouldn't mind serving.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
We already know this. At the time of that event, we thought more of the BOD was going to help with setup but last minute things made that not happen. I think what Gale was saying was that we should all appreciate ALL efforts made by the BOD members no matter how small it might seem. I know that Gale's wife, as well as Jon's, mine, Aarons wife, have all helped with all of these things. It's not normally a matter of us needing help as we normally have enough people to do that. We do understand though as you mentioned that I'm sure there people who wouldn't mind helping, we just I guess have thought we could handle it?? We do appreciate those people who have always sent PM's and or told us in person that they'd help with these things, it makes things easier for us!!

Ok then.

+1 to a vote of thanks to all the BOD/spouses/everyone who has made the events possible.

And then just a personal standing offer if you guys need help. Keep up the good work!

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
No problem, we all did it because we really do care about where this club goes. But we/the next board will keep all of this in mind for future events!