Paid tank moving, no stairs, fairly short distance.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looking for help 23 or 24th (Sat/sunday) to move a big tank from a garage to my garage. Brighton to Frederick. Looking to pay $20 for 5 minutes of labor and an hour of travel. (Meet at my location and I can haul everyone to the tank and back to save gas.)

No time of day or specific day of those two set yet. Will see what I can scrounge up strong helper wise and what works for them.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Think that's 2, so should be at 4 with my brother as a +1. (Hate him though so as long as ya'll fit to carry ~100/120lbs of weight each should be good.) Yes it's the 300dd.

That big, I imagine the suction cup holders are risky right? I know my 210 was extra thick and old and lost one or two coming loose on that. Going to lay on some cardboard in my garage until I get stand fabricated. (Looking to do I think a taller metal stand forget who on here I thought did that?) Though for our backs sake, was wondering if it would be better on some sawhorses or something. (Empty shouldnt be too much weight on itself right?)

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
I would think three could easily hold the tank. Let me know what day and time so I can make sure with my wife we are good.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I like to plan extra's because of A: Cost of the thing, safe than sorry: B: I had a bad experience trying to move just a lowly 55g where I had 2 flake on me leaving me trying to get a running over packed system moved 50 miles on a 102 degree day solo.

Does seem to be coming together well between folk here, dead beat brother, and maybe another guy I know from FB.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The tank is still strapped on the wood shipping pallet no need for cardboard we will get it loaded it's not a problem

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fitz19d;369465 said:
Think that's 2, so should be at 4 with my brother as a +1. (Hate him though so as long as ya'll fit to carry ~100/120lbs of weight each should be good.) Yes it's the 300dd.

That big, I imagine the suction cup holders are risky right? I know my 210 was extra thick and old and lost one or two coming loose on that. Going to lay on some cardboard in my garage until I get stand fabricated. (Looking to do I think a taller metal stand forget who on here I thought did that?) Though for our backs sake, was wondering if it would be better on some sawhorses or something. (Empty shouldnt be too much weight on itself right?)
Ken high plaines reefer just built me a metal stand for my 210.

szavoda

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Fitz19d;369465 said:

You might be referring to the stand I built for my tank - it is about 45" tall...