1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

PAR METER - Rental Program

Discussion in 'Lighting and Equipment' started by CRW Reef, Feb 18, 2013.

1. CRW Reef

CRW Reef Orca Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

I've got the par meter with me at my house and I am just 7 mins from Aquatic Art, Keys Island and Stone Aquatics in highlands ranch. Let me know if you want to come by Saturday

2. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

I'm going to pass, 90 minute drive each way is rough. On to Zinovate I believe.

3. zinovate

zinovate Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

That's too bad Chris. CRW I will pm to setup a time probably this weekend.

4. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

I'd like to get on the list also...thanks.

5. FlyrodTodd

FlyrodTodd Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Any chance the Par Meter makes it up north? Would love to check it out if it does.

6. Jeremiah

Any updates on this, what does the wait list look like?

7. zinovate

I was next but have been tied up. Jeremiah can step in front of me. I would like to stay on the list

8. Jeremiah

Sounds good, is it still at Chads? I work about 5 minutes from his house and can pick up pretty much any day after work.

I'd have it back by the next day or the day after that...Chad let me know when is a good time for you.

9. zinovate

My bad I think kstark is up next.

10. Jeremiah

I'll wait my turn, but if he's going to be slow I could literally pick it up tonight probably not leaving work till 7pm and do my testing and return it to chad tomorrow night.

11. CRW Reef

CRW Reef Orca Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Jeremiah you can come get it from me tomorrow night for sure. Long as I have it back by Sunday morning, I will bring it with me to the Gonzo meeting for whom ever is next in line.

12. Jeremiah

Sounds good...IM incoming.

13. Jeremiah

Fyi your in box full. Sent you a text but in case you changed phone numbers. I need your address again and what time you want me to come over.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2017
  14. Jeremiah

Thanks for letting me jump ahead.....put me back on end of list, gotta change up light on the frag tank. So will want to test it again in a few weeks or longer if it takes time to get ack to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  15. zinovate

What did you end up with? (Just being nosy) :)

16. Jeremiah

Well the frag tank was at an amazing 35 par with just the blues so got it to around 80 with whites then lowered light to get it around 120.

need to get a second light because I don't want to lower it more....one of those cheep Chinese LEDs since that is next question.

may try and just do one higher power Evo.

my main tank had 575 at the top and really poor spread so raised it up so that the edges went from around 75 to over 100. Middle sand bed also was around 100 and with raising it increased that with over lapping of lights to around 150

17. zinovate

You can take me off the list.

18. chanson123

chanson123 Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Hey,I was just wondering where we are with the list? Thanks

19. Irishman

Irishman Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

What is the par meter and what does it measure?

20. zinovate

Photosynethically Active Radiation (PAR)*meters*measure light intensity within the spectrum that plants and corals use most to photosynthesize (excluding UV light) from 400 to 700 nanometers, which covers both the blue and red spectra of light.
    It basically measures the true performance of your light.