Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have my pv4 setup this way:
Channel 1: 200 watt heater
Channel 2: refugium led
Channel 3: 2x150 watt metal halides
Channel 4: ato
When the halides and led shut off at 8 tonight the pc4 started blinking on channel three. Halides still work on a seperate strip, have not tested them yet on the pc4 I've tried to make sense of the manual and looked it up on google with limited success.
Any ideas? Thanks!

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
If you used the mH function it blinks for 15 minutes after power is out to protect the lamps. Though you should also swap 3 and 4

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's it in the halide function, just never saw it blinking before. Should have figured it out. Will switch them but was afraid the ato would get stuck on as
It does that sometimes to the powerheads on those channels.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;331806 said:
It's it in the halide function, just never saw it blinking before. Should have figured it out. Will switch them but was afraid the ato would get stuck on as
It does that sometimes to the powerheads on those channels.
I would try to get either a second PC4, or a different pump for the ato. Other options might me a separate timer for the mh ( would loose the protection of the defer ability of the rk ) or a separate heater controller.

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
thread jacking, im have a similar issue. my rkl wont rcognize my pc4 and it keeps blinking. I already updated everything. ive scoured the forums and it makes no sense.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Either a bad pc4 or a bad cord try switching cords around other thing to try is gently clean tge cord contacts

I'd bet it's the connection via cable from the head unit to the pc4. They are prone to corrosion and the cables don't always fit securely. I would look at all your connectors and make sure they don't have anything inhibiting the contacts, wiggle the cables around a bit make sure they're making a solid connection. If you find corrosion, give the cable ends a vinegar bath and scrub with a toothbrush. I've had to do it several times

deadrock

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ok so upon further examination I found a very small defect on one of the plugs . no corrosion , but I fixed the defect and voila . thanks guys its good to be back