Pink-ish, Purpl-ish, Orange-ish Birds nest. (22 of them)

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
Longmont is not far out of my way. I live in Arvada, but work in Boulder.

It sounds like a plan could come together here either way. Meeting, or drive up north, doesn't matter.

Thanks all! Plenty more to go around though! LOL

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
kindafishy, make sure you also keep am eye out for the reef stock thread. This year is going to be killer...

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
I'd love to know when this "Reef stock" was supposed to happen! That looks FAB!

So, I've been offered Idaho Grape monti twice (maybe three times). Although I love that stuff and DO want some. I don't need two frags of it. Top that with my first two frag swap offers were a purple monti frag, and a red monti frag. The purple MAY ALSO be Idaho grape. Nobody knows for sure at this point. :D

Like I said I like Idaho grape and want some for sure. But I don't know who to refuse. Due to that, I'll just give you guys who asked frags.

1. tlsrcs offered an unknown purple Monti cap I'm taking. (I hope it's encrusting) :confused:
2. KhensuRa was first to offer the Idaho grape so I'll take that one. (meeting??)
3. 303Travism also offered Idaho grape. (maybe you could frag something else?):( sorry, I'll give you a birdsnest either way.
4. Off the deep end is taking a frag, but moving, so won't be at the meeting. (tlsrcs is picking it up at the meeting).
5. Dbarnes will trade a Red monti cap for a frag as well. Still arranging swap method!
6. Wicked Demon offered a Ricordia polyp.

That leaves a grand total of 16 frags left if anyone wants one (or TWO??) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
hmmm....i can grab two ill just put them on the same plug. and the purple monti i believe is what we call shelfing?? (sorry if incorrect still new at this) also dbarnes i can just grab yours to if need be. let me know. Oh and the purple monti is starting to look a little pale around the edges so if it doesnt make it for somereason i can give you some cash

Last edited by a moderator:

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I would trade for 2 heads of blue candy corals. Let me know if interested and I can bring to the meeting.

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
From what I've seen tlsrcs, Idaho Grape tends to have a kind of grey growth edge. Whatever you're seeing, it might be what new growth usually looks like. However if you want to keep it I understand, plus I have another Idaho grape coming.

BP reefer,.. That would be great! Wicked demon also offered a Ricordia. I've never had any and have spent a lot of time contemplating buying some. So, sounds great!

CRW reefer,.. I've always wanted some of those as well! I'd be happy with a single head, two would be a great offer!

Sunday is going to be a great day!

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
I found the little thumbnail pic of this purple monti. It doesn't look like Idaho grape in the pic. it's a bit darker, with a slightly more jagged surface. So yes I do want it. With any luck it'll pull through.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Kindafishy;145287 said:
I'd love to know when this "Reef stock" was supposed to happen! That looks FAB!

So, I've been offered Idaho Grape monti twice (maybe three times). Although I love that stuff and DO want some. I don't need two frags of it. Top that with my first two frag swap offers were a purple monti frag, and a red monti frag. The purple MAY ALSO be Idaho grape. Nobody knows for sure at this point. :D

Like I said I like Idaho grape and want some for sure. But I don't know who to refuse. Due to that, I'll just give you guys who asked frags.

1. tlsrcs offered an unknown purple Monti cap I'm taking. (I hope it's encrusting) :confused:
2. KhensuRa was first to offer the Idaho grape so I'll take that one. (meeting??)
3. 303Travism also offered Idaho grape. (maybe you could frag something else?):( sorry, I'll give you a birdsnest either way.
4. Off the deep end is taking a frag, but moving, so won't be at the meeting. (tlsrcs is picking it up at the meeting).
5. Dbarnes will trade a Red monti cap for a frag as well. Still arranging swap method!
6. Wicked Demon offered a Ricordia polyp.

That leaves a grand total of 16 frags left if anyone wants one (or TWO??) :)
I just saw this my, bad. I can bring to meeting if you like.

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
KhensuRa, That would be great! I'm sorry if I assumed anything??

Kalgra, It's all good, no $$ needed. I was originally asking $5 on Craigslist before finding you guys here. The money I made selling these on Craigs was going to go toward corals and a new/used unscratched tank. Now with you guys, I've got MANY new frags coming in. I lined up a new tank as well. That being the case I LOVE this DBTC thing, and I'd rather trade to you guys, or just hand them out to you, then charge you anything. My desires have already been filled! So, I'll bring a frag to the meeting for you too! You can pay it forward later! ;-)

tlsrcs, I just "spoke" to Dbarnes. We're going to try and get that Red Monti frag to you to bring for Sunday as well. I'll still try to get up to Longmont soon. However Saturday is supposed to have OK weather and I plan to get some car work done, while I can!

Looks like I'm down to around 10 frags left! I may just bring them to the meeting for people who didn't see this thread. ;-)

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'd love a healthy frag of this...I'll be at the Meeting sunday! Hope to see you there ~ Might have some coral for trade also but my tank is pretty new onyl 1.5 months old :)

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
Don't sweat it coloagro, I'll bring you one.

Welcome to reef keeping!

space

Butterfly Fish
I'll take one too. I can bring you a small frag of my green birds nest if you want it. It's a small frag but goes quick. LMK.

Thanks!

Kindafishy

Cleaner Shrimp
That'd be awesome Space! I bought a sickly green birds nest years ago for $2 at a shop in Boulder, but it died within a few days. I've always wanted a healthy one.

Thanks