Please help ID

View attachment 14153 View attachment 14154

I've looked around and maybe its just too small now, but I can't figure out what it is. It started out all purple/red and slowly got green dots, all about the size of 2mm-5mm. Once it got to the current 8-10mm it is much greener, the top half as shown in the second picture in between my acro and stylo is all green. There is also another 2mm baby a 1/2 inch above it. I can get a zoomed in picture if it will help, but its a bit grainy.

Thank you!

ha, i suppose it does in the picture, i didnt notice. its appeared to be growing over a nub of rock like it was encrusted to it. so I over looked mushroom. Ive only had ricordieas in the tank once and its been going since 2010, I love nature!

Upon further inspection it was 100% not a mushroom. I pushed on it with my finger to move it and it was stoney and I think I smashed the thing to death unless its still just angry. So im lost on what it could be, some type of fungid? In the pic the base under those short tentacles was real rough on my finger like sand paper, it tore my nitrile glove.

Ill get a pic tomorrow

[attachment=64600:name]

Haha I added the blurry one above for color reference, it seemed to pick up the color of the surrounding sps. It also is much brighter green on the top.

The first pic is a new growth about 1" away from the big one, it has the same properties of the original growth. In the bottom of the first pic you cn see the green tentacles of the mature thing. The second pic is bad but shows how the flash was able to make the coral transparent. The last pic is of it the next day (from the night pics) it is a solid purple with some green specs. these pics were taken 4/21. The ones I first posted were taken earlier this month.

I noticed the growth about 4 months ago. It slowly got bigger and it took about a month and a half to turn from the purple blotch shown to a purple/red stoney base with green tentacles. The closest thing I could find after looking again would be a tongue coral, although I don't agree.

[attachment=64606:name]

Here is a pic today, it recovered just fine. The shape is distinctly mushroom shape but that was the shape of the rock before hand. Ill just let it grow out and get bigger. My neon stylo is in the bottom, almost the same color. I am wondering if this is something else and picked up the zoanthellela (sp) and stole the green color from the 3 surrounding sps?