1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

PM Clam Dip

Discussion in 'Clams - bivalve molluscs' started by quillin35, Mar 31, 2015.

1. quillin35

quillin35 Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

I believe my clam is starting to show signs of PM. So i just got done reading on reefers 2 reefers that u should run carbon for a week to see if it helps with PM before u do a fresh water dip. Then one person said the use RO for a dip and then another person said they used tap water both got great results from there method. Dip time bewtween both was 5 to 20 minutes. so has anyone had any experience using carbon to help with PM? Has anyone tried the RO vs tap water method?

2. zombie

zombie Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

Double checked some articles and its 30 minutes. Carbon doesnt always work (I tried and failed). Dont know if there is a difference between using RO or tap, just make sure it is the same pH and temp as the tankm

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
  3. NanoNexx

NanoNexx Copepod

I've dipped my clams before using RO water for 30 minutes, and in a week, it was completely back to health.