PM Message in email notification!

Gomojoe

Angel Fish
I would really like to have the PM message included in my email notification about the message. I find it kinda frustrating to have to log onto the site to see the message. In fact, for me personally I am more apt to reply quickly if I can see what the message is. Am I the only that feels this way?

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I feel the same way. Not sure if that is something that can be changed or not but i'm sure one of the other Board members can answer that.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
never really bothered me ...guess it would be nice but you still have to log on to respond

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
R2R does it. Tapatalk is really convenient, but crashes a lot on my phone. It also takes forever to load, I can't search for a link then post it in my reply, I have to use the browser to do that then paste it in tapatalk. Annoying if you ask me, but really convenient.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Gomojoe

Angel Fish
dv3;91869 said:
never really bothered me ...guess it would be nice but you still have to log on to respond
True, but it is nice to me to already be forming my response as a log in instead of wondering what the message is.

Gomojoe

Angel Fish
kalgra;91866 said:
I feel the same way. Not sure if that is something that can be changed or not but i'm sure one of the other Board members can answer that.
It is possible and I could show the BOD how to do it. Again, I guess I bring this up because I am a member of a few forums and they all provide the message. Then I get one from MASC and it is frustrating in contrast. I have Tapatalk and it is nice, but having the message provided right away provides almost a facebook type experiance to me.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
^^^^^^ Agreed!!

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gomojoe;91876 said:
It is possible and I could show the BOD how to do it. Again, I guess I bring this up because I am a member of a few forums and they all provide the message. Then I get one from MASC and it is frustrating in contrast. I have Tapatalk and it is nice, but having the message provided right away provides almost a facebook type experiance to me.
+1

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Doesn't bother me and I guess I've never even thought about it lol. Shall we vote? I don't mind doing it if that's what the majority wants

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'd just go ahead and do it Juan. I can't trust my computer to do it because this site still lags way too much for me to try.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gomojoe;91914 said:
I vote yes! Cant really think of a reason why not to.
For me it would be useless. I don't read the emails I get sent to me now, becuase I'll just be reading them when I sign on. I just like having the emails sent to me to know if someone has replied to what I've said.

hurrafreak;91915 said:
For me it would be useless. I don't read the emails I get sent to me now, becuase I'll just be reading them when I sign on. I just like having the emails sent to me to know if someone has replied to what I've said.
Yeah to me it's like people having dialup and saying the Internet sucks why would I upgrade! Sorry for the blunt analogy but more info is better for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Personally again, if that's what is wanted then that's cool. I was just stated my opinion in the fact that I normally re-read my PM's more than once, so reading it in an email is just pointless because I'll probably read it another 2 or so times once I log in and reply. Again just my opinion.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
but what if i share an email an the other half finds out how much i just paid for my sooper sweet JF LE blueberry pumpkin red sea macro acro in my email?

j/k i don't care either way

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
maybe as an option in the personal settings? (check here to recieve e-mails when you are messaged?)

wicked demon;91941 said:
maybe as an option in the personal settings? (check here to recieve e-mails when you are messaged?)
The way you change it doesn't really allow for you to provide the option! I'm sure you could code a special mod, but either way you get an email titled exactly the same! If you don't like reading the pm in an email you can just delete the email and log in. I mean as it stands now the content of the MASC PM email is worthless and I delete anyway! At best it shows you who it's from! But considering I have to log in to read it's not worth that small bit of info. Switch up to the message being in the message and people who don't want to read it don't have to and those who do can! Everyone is served, IMO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I really have no opinion either way as I am always logged on here, but can see how that may be of use to a person who uses email a bunch.