Post Count Titles

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: Post Count Titles

DyM;223837 said:
Personally not a big fan of this.... but not a big deal.
Dave tell us why please. Were going to need user feedback in order to decide if we will keep the system.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
If it's just "for fun" then yes it's fine. You mispelled Shark, btw. Unless that was on purpose.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
We've used this on other forums I've been a part of and it doesn't mean anything, and didn't change anything. It's funny but we should do funnier names like zoa hoarder, etc etc

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;223852 said:
Dave tell us why please. Were going to need user feedback in order to decide if we will keep the system.
So take this with a grain of salt, but it adds no value. I'm a hawlkfish, and you're a MASC Board Member. The second I get, but the fish name doesn't make sense. I can look to the right and see Ghosty has 539 posts, and joined a year and a half ago. Not many folks will know what the Halkfish meaning is. I feel if you have to explain it... what's the point.

If it's for fun, now your subjecting people to your humor. Kind of sounds like what folks didn't like about RC.... If it sticks, so be it. If it goes away, all the better IMO.

yOdaddy

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
DyM;223898 said:
So take this with a grain of salt, but it adds no value. I'm a hawlkfish, and you're a MASC Board Member. The second I get, but the fish name doesn't make sense. I can look to the left and see Ghosty has 539 posts, and joined a year and a half ago. Not many folks will know what the Halkfish meaning is. I feel if you have to explain it... what's the point.

I feel like the names underneath the sn is a bit too much..but who am I to say anything ahahahahaha

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
I like it, it's fun, no biggie, IMHO.

On my own (car) board, I only have the default titles which are based on user-group. It's the technical title that the board automatically assigns: Newbie, Member, Certified Member, Moderator, ML-1 Sponsor, & Administrator.

Fyi, besides "Shawk" you also forgot the "S" in Chromis.

I agree that the titles don't mean anything and are for entertainment value at best. I am on other forums for my cars, and firearms. Every club has bad apples, it really boils down to word of mouth, and calling people out that are a pain to deal with. I know a guy who is very knowledgeable about cars, but he has the personality of ground chuck. I choose to get info from others that are more personable. Likewise I know a guy that is a complete scammer, and I will not do any business dealings with him regardless of what he selling. It pains me that I am letting a "deal" pass me by, but sometimes you have to pay more in order to have piece of mind. Buyer beware.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hmm. What am I?

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is funny as it will take me the rest of my life to ge to shark or shawk as stated above since it took me 7 years to hit a 1000 post!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
MartinsReef;224061 said:
This is funny as it will take me the rest of my life to ge to shark or shawk as stated above since it took me 7 years to hit a 1000 post!
Yeah, and your chat count is even worse.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Post Count Titles

MartinsReef;224061 said:
Lol me too!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: Post Count Titles

MartinsReef;224061 said:
I can change yours to old timer if you like :D