Proud Pappa Post

Just a proud Pappa moment. I was starting to see an increase in Aptasia growing here and there, maybe 18-20+ visible ones on LR I had brought in. I bought 6 Peppermint shrimp on Saturday and 5 days later, not an aptasia in sight. I actually saw one the first night under the Moonlight LED's chow down on one. It was the All You Can Eat Challenge, shrimp won!

RuRoo

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Awesome! I love my peppermints. Mine did the job and keeps it aiptasia free in case any polyps start growing.

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
No sweat. They have berghia nudibranches in as well. They only eat aptasia but it might take longer. I just put some in my predator tank to start taking care of them in there.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Also great to know in case things get worse. I only have maybe 5 heads and they haven't spread or grown in over a month. In fact...3 of the 5 almost look dead and have been shrinking back consistently. I had manually removed a couple and successfully killed another by covering it with putty, but what's left is either too small or just on rock that is impossible to pull out of the tank to try to remove them in a separate container.

Hopefully I don't get to plague levels and a peppermint can take them out. I think a berghia would either quickly starve or turn into wrasse food in my tank. ;)