terrible water pressure at new house

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hello all, Just curious if anyone else has dealt with trash pressure? I wonder how you fixed it? I cannot use my RO unit because the water dribbles out in spurts. It will take 2 days just to get 5 gallons at this point. House was built in 2006 and is in Parker.

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Couple things. Some homes have the water pressure dialed down intentionally which you might be able to dial up. So that at your own risk. You obviously don’t want to blow out appliances or hoses in the home.

I’m using a booster pump pre-RODI. Gets it as high as I need. Plus, I think it’s widely accepted that appropriate pressure going into RODI makes to work more efficiently not just faster. 80PSI? Think that’s an accepted goal.

I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong. Or, troll me for the fun of it.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Couple things. Some homes have the water pressure dialed down intentionally which you might be able to dial up. So that at your own risk. You obviously don’t want to blow out appliances or hoses in the home.

I’m using a booster pump pre-RODI. Gets it as high as I need. Plus, I think it’s widely accepted that appropriate pressure going into RODI makes to work more efficiently not just faster. 80PSI? Think that’s an accepted goal.

I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong. Or, troll me for the fun of it.
thanks for the reply. I am wondering if the regulator is just dialed really low. Water seems to cost more in Parker than it did in Centennial too

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Last edited by a moderator:

Angelo

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Definitely worth it if you have a big system. Gets expensive for anything less than 150 gal. It serves another purpose for your situation though. Good luck.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Went to home depot to get a water pressure gauge. It was 45... lol Adjusting the regulator now

Last edited by a moderator:

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Keep in mind not to go crazy with home pressure. It can effect things like washing machine hoses or internal plumbing. Don’t want to see a blowout. I’m not sure what modern homes are built to handle. They’re using new water line technologies like sharkbite fittings (basically a beefy John guest fitting) which are supposed to be “good” but I’m pretty cynical about modern building practices.

I’m just a grumpy old man in a middle aged body. “Get off my lawn!” Darn kids with their hoverboards and ticky tocks.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Keep in mind not to go crazy with home pressure. It can effect things like washing machine hoses or internal plumbing. Don’t want to see a blowout. I’m not sure what modern homes are built to handle. They’re using new water line technologies like sharkbite fittings (basically a beefy John guest fitting) which are supposed to be “good” but I’m pretty cynical about modern building practices.

I’m just a grumpy old man in a middle aged body. “Get off my lawn!” Darn kids with their hoverboards and ticky tocks.
Thanks! Yeah I read that. I set it to 69 lol. Seems fine so far. Running the washing machine now too.