Quest Library 180 gallon Gorgonian/Caribbean Biotope Build

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Stand will be getting its second coat of paint tomorrow. Going back to school tomorrow to remeasure the space and decide on the size for the mangrove macro algae tank. Will have to build and paint a stand for the mangrove macro tank. Need to drill for the overflow system pictured above and then plumb it all out. I still need some pumps for flow in the DT. I also need to build a canopy to hide the MH lighting.

The plus side is I'm now on break so I'm hoping to be getting wet in 2 weeks. The end of the school year is pretty crazy.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Quest Library Gorgonian/Caribbean 180 Biotope Build

I'm thinking of building an aluminum frame with removable panels for the canopy since I don't want kids to be able to look directly at the MH lights.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So I have 2 @ 3/4" return lines do I use both of them in the DT or one on the 40 breeder and the other on the DT? The breeder will flow back into the DT anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Never have run a display fuge, but I would think run both returns to the DT, and split your drains from the DT to the fuge/sump?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I was thinking 3/4" feed to fuge and 1" bulkhead to gravity feed into the DT.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
On another note Ecotech has done a fine job supporting education! I should be receiving not one but two MP60's later this week to keep those gorgonians swaying.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
MuralReef;351864 said:
On another note Ecotech has done a fine job supporting education! I should be receiving not one but two MP60's later this week to keep those gorgonians swaying.
Great! Glad to hear they came through