R_P's 120 build!

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You can shorten the cycles from your phone, go into the memory option and select MH on and off from there. If you nee help you can call me. do RO water ice cubes like Travis's wife did, freeze them in the red keg party cups lol

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef said:
Huh can't run AC? Jeez that's cruelty!!! If you need someone to hold your clams and things I can help out as I'm sure a zillion others as well. Just ask and.its done
Thanks

projectx said:
You can shorten the cycles from your phone, go into the memory option and select MH on and off from there. If you nee help you can call me. do RO water ice cubes like Travis's wife did, freeze them in the red keg party cups lol
Can you do multiple light cycles; something like 3 hours on, 6 off, 3 on?

Reminds me, I don't trust Loveland tap anymore. I think they put something in it to deal with the recent fires. I was going to buy an RO unit from a member, still around?

I currently freeze several bottles and rotate them out to help

michael.lemke said:
When I was a poor grad student I hot Kansas I ran a short light cycle at night.
What length? I've read different things on RC and R2R about multiple shorter light cycles. It all seems to be pseudo science, but since I didn't see anyone actually trying it....

Sent using Forum Runner

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I didn't do multiple cycles, just 1 that was a couple hours shorter and at night when it was the coolest in the apt. Say after 1am or so till 8am or so.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Bro you need leds I think!!!! I might have some for you cheap cheap. Pm me I'd you're interested

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
you can do multiple light cycles in the actuall coding I think, not via the memory app, so until you get your computer back your kind of stuck. That or turn them on n off via the app manually or through the portal, which is a bit of a hassle but might be worth doing for a little bit until you get your system back

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think the tank cooling is done :).

However, I was cleaning the algae yesterday and the skimmer stopped producing bubbles. Actually stopped pumping water. I thought it was clogged so I took the skimmer apart. In the process, I broke a baffle and the air intake from the volute. I can't get the nipple back on the volute, so I either need a new volute or new skimmer (which I'm leaning towards). I have a hy-2000s pump, but I think the psk-2500 is rated for 300gph more.

So currently I'm skimmerless. Furthermore I want to get rid of a clown, I'm pretty sure it's an occelaris, normal coloration. (s)hes about an inch long. If someone has a black perc to trade, I'd like that. It seems I got sold two different colored fish, with the promise that they would both turn black.

Sent using Forum Runner

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok, I officially can't fix my volute. New skimmer here I come! I can't decide on what I want though. I'm wanting the Cadlights because I've only heard great things about how super quiet they are, and efficient. I'm also considering a ReefDynamics, Warner Marine, and Vertex. I'm still cheap, so used will probably be how I go about buying it.

Also on the agenda are Maxspect Razor LEDs, I'm not liking the extra 3" of the 160w model though...sawzall?

I want to try out the ECOback pellets, but maybe vinegar dosing wouldn't be too bad. I'm convinced the BRS pellets aren't doing anything. The red sea po4-no3x is working great though. I'm wanting to do the carbon dosing so I can stop the red sea dosing.

Also, Derek.... I'm finally getting the tank.... assuming you still have it!

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have the vertex in-250 and love it. Skim mate is always nasty.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride said:
Dang, I only have 29" of clearance
Yepp that was my problem to. That's why I built a stand. Just go with the 280 haha.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, added 4 peppermints, 1 atlantic blue tang, and 1 pygmy angel in the last 2 weeks. Aiptasia seems to be still around, but I can't miss feeding the anthias for a day or two...so is new rock my best option? There's too many for kalk injections.

Sent using Forum Runner