Which Vertex skimmer is this?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Pick this bad boy up in the auction yesterday but no idea what model it is since it's an older one. Anyone have any idea what model this skimmer is, or any ideas on what pump(s) would work with it? View attachment 15756

Sent from my Nexus 6 using MASC mobile app

aquarius

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Vertex IN 100. They were good skimmers after you replaced the cheap factory pump. They’re built like a tank. A lot of people replaced the factory pump with a Bubble Blaster 1000 or a Tunze hydrofoamer 9410 pump. I preferred the Tunze, not even sure if you could get a Bubble Blaster anymore.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Vertex IN 100. They were good skimmers after you replaced the cheap factory pump. They’re built like a tank. A lot of people replaced the factory pump with a Bubble Blaster 1000 or a Tunze hydrofoamer 9410 pump. I preferred the Tunze, not even sure if you could get a Bubble Blaster anymore.
Perfect, thanks

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ah. Checked out the IN series of skimmer and based on dim, I think this is actually the IN180

aquarius

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ahh my bad in that case maybe a Sedra or Sicce PSK. Pretty sure a psk 600 would be enough and I may have one laying around you could try out but I’m working over 90 hours a week so my schedule is rather difficult

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Thanks, Ill look around and see what I find.

90 hours, yuck. I used to do that when I was younger, dont think I would want to do that now days.