Really good article for EcoTech Radion owners...

ValG

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Thanks for sharing Scott! Some awesome info here. I do not have Radions yet but plan on making a switch on a couple of my tanks soon.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice write up. I don't have a radion but was considering purchasing the Kessil AP700 based on some studies BRS did. After seeing this write up, I may need to rethink that.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Shaunv;n639072 said:
Nice write up. I don't have a radion but was considering purchasing the Kessil AP700 based on some studies BRS did. After seeing this write up, I may need to rethink that.

Why? While the write up is heavily centered around radions because Ecotech paid for it, it shows the reality that LED lighting can preform better then MH or T5 lighting. It's cheaper and more effecient. The same holds true for almost any LED light not just for Radions.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am currently using a Kessil 350 with 4 T5 bulbs over my 40 breeder. I have always liked the Kessil lights and have a 160 over my 17 gallon as well. I have been saving up for the AP700 for quite a while but based on some reviews, my only concern is surrounding the controllability of the 700. People don't seem happy with the iOS interface and it is not Apex ready. As for the light itself, the research I have seen seems to show that the par and spread is better on the AP700 than it is on the Radion Pro. I am simply stating that I now need to do more research :)