reef and pond sucks..........free 20g hex

I have a 20g hex with hood and cheapo light...I also have a black stand newly painted..

The tank will need to be resealed. It will make a nice seahorse or hospital tank.

I picked it up for 100 bucks at reef and pond. They told me it was just resealed. Well 2 weeks later I had about 3g of water on the floor. I called them and spoke to Evan and asked for store credit to pick up a new tank. He said no guarentee on used equip. I said I understand but I was told it was resealed and it leaks. He said I can bring it up and he will show me how to reseal it. Like I don't know how to seal a tank....I'm a lil mad about the way I was treated, just figured I would vent on here.

Well I picked up a new tank and don't want to mess with this one. So if you want it come get it....

I will gladly take a frag or some base rock or anything else you might wana trade but you don't have to...

Also I'm in parker.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That sux man, going to Elite reef tomorrow

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
you have every right to vent ....it obviously wasn't resealed right understandably used equipment isnt guaranteed but patching a leak with some silicone doesn't fix the problem ...i would demand to talk to the owner ...hopefully it isnt evan

..to fix it properly it will need to be taken apart complexly and put back together

That's a bummer. I'd be upset too.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think Evan is the owner... He is piece of work...

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea I am pretty sure he is or his father is

Evan is the one in charge....not sure if he's the owner though. Ya I'm out a hund bucks, it sucks but maybe this post will stop a few people from going in....then I win in the long run haha

I will be at RF but I drive a mustang and can't fit it in my car if that's where you were going with it...my wifes car is having some work done on it in the morn. If its done in time I can drive her car and bring it if anyone wants it. ...but that's not 100 percent.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea hehehehe just run and trade it in for a convertible in the morning before ERF !

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
What do you expect from Reef and Pond, talk about a ball buster first he gets screwd with a leaky tank, then your rubbing in how he paid to much........ LOL

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
chrislorentz;105089 said:
What do you expect from Reef and Pond, talk about a ball buster first he gets screwd with a leaky tank, then your rubbing in how he paid to much........ LOL
^ like

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
LOL photo did not work

By any chance was the trim dark wood and painted over with black paint? I believe this tank used to be mine. It wasn't leaking when I took it in. i drained it, and brought it in. The tank was made in 1989, it has a perfecto light. Look like this?

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You dont ride in the back seat who cares if it gets a little rip !

ya hahah i think its the same one....he said he painted and resealed it before I got it......I wonder how it would of leaked and how he knew it did? When I called he knew just what I was talking about and how it was comming from the bottom.