1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

reef savers dry rock

Discussion in 'Rock' started by tony02133, Jan 3, 2016.

1. tony02133

tony02133 Cuttle Fish M.A.S.C Club Member

Does some one here has the reef savers rock from brs ?? , my biggest questions is does it leach a lot of phosphate?

2. asn-naso

asn-naso Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

yes, but it eventually goes away (6-9 months)

3. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

Same experience. My gha was horrific for a bit.... To the point I had to take rocks out and scrape them.

Perhaps not only the rock leaching but it didn't help

4. tony02133

That's a lot of time lol

5. tony02133

Will it help if a do a muriatic acid bath ??

6. Balz3352

Theoretically yes muriatic acid bath should help.. Stuff on national forums about it

7. tony02133

Yea I read a couple of threads about that, I think I will order the rock and then do a muriatic acid bath rinsed and let it dry for a couple days

8. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

Just throwing this out there but the reef saver rock isn't porous. Brs does a test where they soak their rock in water and test the weight after. and reef saver did the worst. So not the best rock for a saltwater aquarium.

9. tony02133

Good point thanks

10. Balz3352

It works it has for many aquarium and is a popular choice due to cost. Perhaps look at adding some marinepure to the sumo for added filtration. But if you can afford more than upgrade.

11. Tango

Tango Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

Watching post i need to order rock. Was looking at marco rock want to buy dry rock

12. tony02133

Man you guys are reading my mind, lol , I was just thinking on ordering a block of marinepure

13. tony02133

I think I will go with the 50 lbs box of fiji dry rock and a block of marinepure pure I already have 40 pounds of live rock ,I think that will be enough for my 90 gallon

14. Balz3352

I bought my base rock for my build from reef cleaners. Got some really nice pieces for base

15. zinovate

zinovate Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

I would watch the you tube from Brs on live rock. Very informative.

16. tony02133

Thanks I did already and according to them the fiji rock is the best