Looking to borrow a torch.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I tried this on some 6 pack carriers that I made for Fathers Day last year. Getting it to look like your reference pic was pretty tough for me, but I was just using a benzomatic torch...like the soldering kind. I ended up going full char, and then sealing the crap out of it....I like the finished product. Also, the wood shrinks when burned! I had everything fully assembled and then charred it and my corners all shrunk up!

View attachment 14186

View attachment 14185

View attachment 14184

kchristensen8064

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I tried this on some 6 pack carriers that I made for Fathers Day last year. Getting it to look like your reference pic was pretty tough for me, but I was just using a benzomatic torch...like the soldering kind. I ended up going full char, and then sealing the crap out of it....I like the finished product. Also, the wood shrinks when burned! I had everything fully assembled and then charred it and my corners all shrunk up!

View attachment 14186

View attachment 14185

View attachment 14184
I'm planning on doing the wood before cutting and assembly so I should be able to get around the shrinkage and I'm going to do the full char for the trim on it.