1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Reefbrite 400watt convert to 250

Discussion in 'Lighting and Equipment' started by JuanGutz, Dec 7, 2018.

1. JuanGutz

JuanGutz Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

What would I need to do to convert a 400watt reefbrite 15” pendant to 250 beside getting a 250 ballast? I’d think you’d just need to change the bulb and ballast but they sell the 250 and 400 watt versions w/o the ballast so what’s the difference here? And where could I buy what I need to do so? Not for sure going to do this but looking into it.

Thanks everyone!

2. jda123

jda123 Tuna M.A.S.C Club Member

It should just be the bulb and the ballast.

3. JuanGutz

jda123 likes this.
  4. jda123

It is dumb. I don't get it either.

5. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large

Does it matter between a double ended bulb and single ended bulb? Or not really, could you still go 250 or 400 regardless of bulb type?

6. JuanGutz

I wish I knew anything about it :/ did as much research as I could but couldn’t find anything.

7. jda123

The ballasts are different between DE and SE stuff. Double ended stuff is actually HQI and requires HQI ballasts to be driven correctly - they will work on electronic ballasts, but not as well.

The Reef Brites are all SE as far as I know.

JuanGutz likes this.
  8. JuanGutz

The 250/400 watt are SE but they have lower watt like 150/250 I think that are DE.

9. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. B.O.D. Member-at-Large