Reefs2Go - Has anyone had contact with them lately?

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey all-
Has anyone had any contact with Reefs2go in the last couple of weeks? Mike and I ordered a pile of stuff on Black Friday, then I got an email that their computer overdiscounted my order and they needed more money. I requested a correct invoice, and they replied with instructions on how to view my order. I tried to make heads or tails of the new invoice, but couldn't really see what had happened, other than they added back the entire discounted amount onto the total. I decided to go ahead and pay the remaining balance. Days and days went by, and I didn't get any notice that they were shipping it. Finally, 4 days ago, I searched their site until I could locate the status of my order, and it was in their 'has issues' section. No idea what the issue was, so I sent them an email asking what the issue was. No response. So I called them today, during business hours. The first time it rang and rang and rang. The second time, it went to voicemail. I left a message, but didn't hear back. So I'm a little concerned at this point about the lack of contact.

If you've ordered from them, and received yours, or had any kind of recent contact, please let me know.

Thanks

I emailed them twice about my bogo pod order that came with some dead pods and no response for like ten days. I don't think i will try them again. And i provided pics just like they say to do. Only thing i got was an auto-reply that they would respond within 72 hours. So much for that. Lol

My problem want the shipping. I think i ordered the same weekend and it went out fast. Just there seems to be a customer service issue after in my case.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
I've ordered from them before, and it went smooth as a hot knife through butter. No idea what's going on right now, because this isn't like them, at least not in my experience. It's just extremely strange.

I had an issue with an order recently. Their site said that it could not accept credit card only Paypal. I payed with Paypal and then got an email the next day. They told me there was a problem with Paypal and they would need to collect credit card payment. I just had them cancel the order. I ordered from BlueZoo... This was about 3 weeks ago.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Unfortunately there customer service is not consistent. Another member and I did an order and was kind of similar to what others have experienced. Good prices on livestock but not sure how they stay in biz.

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
My black Friday order arrived yesterday (I asked for that date) and would say I am mostly happy with what I received.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Yet more reasons why I persoanlly do not order from R2G, last 2 orders Ive had went horribly wrong, took them forever to fix it and never actually fixed it to my satusfaction

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Guh. If this isn't resolved by Tuesday, I am canceling the order, and redonating the $50 gift cards that I won in the raffle.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
When things go smoothly, I have no issues with their livestock or orders.

Contacting them is next to impossible though; I've had issues in the past reaching customer service. Typically, I make several attempts to contact them and don't hear back until a few days after the order finally arrives.

Good luck! For what it's worth...I always get my orders and they have refunded for DoAs. Communication is lacking though.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Order cancelled (provided that they've checked their email). If the money hasn't been refunded by tomorrow, I'll have to go to the credit card company to get it back. There's no excuse for such incredibly poor commo.

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Having placed an order with them many months ago that was a disaster I swore not to order again. on that occasion all of the majorly undersized corals died withing 2 days and one of the two fish was DOA. The one coral that lived was-- order had a 1 -1/2" roclk of Blue synpodium and what I received was a 1 1/2" rock with 3- 1/4" spots of the coral. The Synpohuim lived and is slowly growing.

After numerous emails I finally got small PARTIAL credit for the order and decided to stop arguing and just let it go.

Recently, seeing them sponsoring MASC I decided to give them another chance with a small order . Another reason was that the had white legged hermit crabs that I wanted. I ordered Nerite snails, The White Leg Hermits, two Porcelain Crabs, and a five coral frags. I wanted the snails small so the size range of UPTO 1/4" was fine. The Porcelains were, as claimed less that 1/2" - very cute and I hope to see them again if the ever leave their hiding places. The corals were about as shown and advertised. Be aware that these are SMALL frags. When they say 1"x1" that's the frag tile size not necessarily the coral size.

Two items were "OUT OF STOCK" to be shipped when they arrived (the white legged crabs and a frag of Orance Cyphastrea. Over the past two days I have received 6 emails that they are shipping on the 18th. Not next day as they did the original portion but standard 2 day FedEx PAckaged this morning and not doe for delivery until Friday afternoon. The Crabs portion should be fine,

As an aside I have tried to call them and not gotten through, I have emailed and only received automated responses. Do not count on customer service from reefs2go

-------------------------
On the other hand I have had FANTASTIC luck with multiple orders from another vendor. Beautiful, healthy corals. The sell what they say and have what they advertise. Lisa there is responsive to both phone calls and emails. I could not recommend them more.

Sorry for rambling.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
gajake;284473 said:
-------------------------
On the other hand I have had FANTASTIC luck with multiple orders from another vendor. Beautiful, healthy corals. The sell what they say and have what they advertise. Lisa there is responsive to both phone calls and emails. I could not recommend them more.

Sorry for rambling.
So on my phone this didn't show up as being edited... The site i got taken to was definitely not fish related. LOL
But seriously, I'm glad to see all of this feedback. It definitely helps the rest of us make a more informed decision. I hope they shape up, I've been very tempted to order from them.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
oh geez...

confirmed, using "Xs" to replace dot com addresses is apparently a bad idea...even if you use 5 of them instead of the suggestive number of 3.

Edited again. :fish:

jahmic;284493 said:
oh geez...

confirmed, using "Xs" to replace dot com addresses is apparently a bad idea...even if you use 5 of them instead of the suggestive number of 3.

Edited again. :fish:
Rofl

Sent from my Note 3

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I have had mixed results with them as well. The first order i did with them arrived okay and everything looked good, mostly crabs and snails. I did a larger order a few months later and was very disappointed when it arrived. 2 fish were DOA, another died shortly after. The black clown they sent me was really tiny and disappeared after 3 days in the tank. The GBT anem they sent me was very tiny, totally bleached and I struggled for more then a month to nurse it back to health but eventually had to remove it from the tank before it died. Out of a 330 dollar order only one clown, two very small corals and a peppermint shrimp survived and are doing well. They did send me a gift certificate for some of the losses but I dont think I will being using it anytime soon because it just isnt worth it

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Been there, done that. Pick up the phone and call them to cancel. They don't bother with email when you want to order. How do you think they deal with cancellation by email. Call them.

Fyi - they still have not tried to contact me either since my last post. No reply to two emails to them. I figured since they were a sponsor they would be awesome and went ahead and ordered.