Reefs2Go - Has anyone had contact with them lately?

kutcha

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
i ordered a reef cleaner pack on black friday i got it and 13 of the snails were DOA i took a picture of it and emailed them they apologized and said they would refund my account i emailed them back saying i do not have a account with you i bought these as a guest how do i go about getting my refund it has been 10 days they still have yet to reply to that

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I ordered from them a few weeks ago. The order came in during that nasty cold spell, and out of $150+ in the order we have one crab and two very small corals that are still in the tank. Both corals have 50% die-off, but the parts that survived seem to be doing better now. Even the "free" coral they sent me was DOA.

I may consider them for the BOGO $25 pods in the future, but not for anything else.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
SOunds like the BOD needs to get involved as they are sponsers and are doing our members wrong!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
* just as community fyi - the masc board members are in discussions regarding this particular sponsor/vendor and will report back with any information we conclude

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Thanks Chad!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;284527 said:
* just as community fyi - the masc board members are in discussions regarding this particular sponsor/vendor and will report back with any information we conclude
And to add to this - because we have a vested interest in the situation, Mike and I are recusing ourselves from those discussions.

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
They may be that. I don't know why it would be the case at this time. From the number of orders showing on their shipping page, yes they are swamped, The storm in the mid-west also interfered with FedEx shipments.

That being said - it would not interfere with the ability to respond to emails or give accurate shipping information on the phone. They assured me that they would put extra "hot paks" in the box because it was sub-zero here, there was a single hot-pak. Being swamped has nothing to do with shipping the backordered portion of an order 2nd day FedEx. Packaging coral Wednesday morning to be "delivered by 8 PM Friday". I realize that is cheaper but the first part of the order came priority am delivery. I'll just have to wait and see if the Orange Cyphastrea is OK on Freiday afternoon when delivered after a cold Thursday night and Friday. It's not my fault that they are "selling" livestock that they do not have available to ship.

I could go on but having been in business all of my life (I'm retired now) I know that NOTHING excused not taking care of the customer or communication with the customer.,

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I completely agree gajake. I think they need to hire someone for customer relations, i.e. answer emails and the phone, that would be a good start.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
This only adds to the multitude of bad experiences i have persoanlly had with this company, even long before they became sponser I quit using them, I was very surprised to see them added as a sponser and I did express my disgust in this at that time.

Ive since given them 2 chances, one was on a small fish order, which 5-6 fsh were DOA, and 3 fish were incorrect. I was given credit. Due to the fact I had a $110 credit with them I ordered some CUC and pods, pods showed up as a bag of mush with a blue filter pad in it and of the CUC i ordered Im not sure a one of them is still alive in my tank, Ive never seen the sand sifting stars or the conchs I put in there. I still to this day have not been re-imbursed for the pods and this was 2 months ago when I started stocking the 75gal. Got to the point where I got tired of dealing with it as my time is valuable to me and decided I would never, ever order from this comany again, and I have not.

Regardless of what they do in this instance it has only added to my personal dissatisfaction with this company and to see how many fellow reefers are experiencing the same issues is just mind boggling to me. There seems to be no room for improvement with R2G.

Most places give you two of the three. Unfortunately IME they only give you one and they chose which one, cheap. I believe they are a one man band with prices so low they can not add personal. Remember companies that do not turn a profit are no longer companies. I've had a bad experience with the other cheap place as well. Sometimes we expect more than we are paying for, JMO. Not to mention these critters are probably only days if not hours out of the ocean. Hopefully you guys have better luck than I did, Good Luck!

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Called again today, went to voicemail. Sent multiple emails, no response yet. So I contacted Paypal about getting my money back.

kutcha

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
as i said i posted on there facebook page a few days ago i jsut got this in response so all i can really say is give them time they will respond

[attachment=65674:name]

Last edited by a moderator:

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Why would we continue to give them time. Do they let us give them time when it comes time to pay for an order? Hell no, my funds are gone immedialty. Im aorry, but if you work in a business where you deal with the general public you either step up or ship out and these guys seemed to have set sail a while ago!

BryanF

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I wanted to add my .02 regarding my last two orders with these guys.

Order number 1 several months ago: Two of the five fish I ordered were unavailable/ back ordered and I was shorted 1000 pods. Took several weeks for a refund however I did eventually get the credit and they were responsive to my emails.

Latest order: one of the three fish unavailable/ on back order. Mandarin showed up doa. 3 weeks later still waiting for a refund. Have not responded to any of my emails.

I personally will not order from them again!

haha I received two phone calls from them. One saying my order would be shipped at a different date, and the other two said that they didn't have two items that I had ordered, so I chose to substitute instead of getting a gift card or post poning my whole order. Kinda ticked but they gave me the deal of the 4 acros for 49.99. Hope I don't get another call. I don't want to have to substitute anything else.

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had decided to try them again and it was a disaster. They contacted me on a Friday to tell me that my order was ready to ship and would go out on Monday, but that I could have Saturday delivery for a $15 charge. I told them to go ahead with Saturday. An hour later I got an email saying that they had charges me $58. When I called to question this I was told that they do not do free delivery Saturday's so that was the $15 plus regular FedEx fee. At that point I said to credit this back and ship it Monday for Tuesday delivery.

On Monday I called to verify that it was going out and was told "It will fo out Thursday fror Friday delivery". No explanation but I could live with that. On Thursday I again called to verify the shipping and was told "It will go out NEXT Thursday. There are a few corals that we do not have yet" but they offered to send out the partial shipment instead. Having had a past experience with a "partial" order being shipped 2nd day which means it would be bagged and packed on Wed. morning and not delivered until Friday around 7pm. I said that I did not want that and to just cancel the order and give me a credit.

I finally contacted my credit card bank and they credited me the $58 charge, Still waiting for PayPal to credit the chargeback on the order itself.

When I placed the order my card was charged immediately but I am waiting for a month for a credit.

No more chances. No more orders.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow. Just wow. They're falling apart over there, apparently. What a mess. Hopefully it gets resolved for you sooner than later.

I don't understand how they can sell you something they don't have. I'm still waiting. I was told I would have my package sent out on Tuesday and never received a tracking number. It's just a CUC and a scroll coral that was 4.99. Gimme my stuff!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk