Removing a galaxia

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
So, need to remove a coral. I placed a galaxia in a hole and it decide it would grow there. Shocking I know! Now it's started to sting some things that I would rather keep so I think it is time to move it. Thoughts? I think I can get a screwdriver or something under it to pry it out. The original piece was about 4" long by 2" wide. I think it has probably doubled that now so I will likely have to scrape off whatever remains from the rock it is on. Can't remove the rock as it is a major piece of the aquascape.

Thanks,

Adam

Punjab

Angel Fish
Galaxea always look cool in the day time but at night they send out some of the longest sweeper tentacles of any coral. Even longer than bubble corals sometimes.
In addition to what you said you might try with the screwdriver you could try to make a puck or disc out of putty and cover over the coral for a few weeks until it is starved of light and then just knock the putty off the skeleton.
You could also try putting kalk paste over sections of it at a time until it is all dead.
Definitely try to frag some though. It is a cool coral. Just one that needs a lot of space.