Replacing my wp40's with wp60's?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So currently for water movement I am running two wp40's one on the right and one on the left and an mp40 in the center all on the back wall of the tank. The tank is 4' x 6' so the are on the 4' back pushing water towards the front. I get a little wave but it's not huge sometimes they are synchronized and other times they aren't. I was thinking of swapping out the wp40's with wp60's. I clean them routinely so getting clogged is not an issue. Is this going to be overkill?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Replacing my wp40's with wp60's?

I didn't think so but I wanted opinions since I feel like I'm not getting enough flow at the front.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Andrew_bram;294452 said:
No such thing as to much flow b
+1 I think just volume of water movement will be helpful, not pressure of the pump or speed of water movement. I say get the 60s :)

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Not sure if I'm selling yet but I'm thinking about ordering two 60's and a controller to sync them.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I think I might wait until the end of the month. Fish Street has a new dual pump controller + 2 wp60's for $180.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So a funny thing happened today. I took my extra mp40 offline for cleaning and my wave came back. The mp40 was counteracting the wave created by the wp40's. I think I'm going to wait on the wp60's and get the controller that syncs the wp40's. I watched the wp60 video in a 6 ft tank and I don't know if I want a 3 in. wave.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Still think I'm going with the 60's might just have to dial them back a bit.

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
guess I am late to this one I was going to say you could coe look at the one on my tank with my 2 mp40s wp40 and wp10. Still might want to come a little bit before the meeting and grab some frags