1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

Rotifers?

Discussion in 'Foods - Coral, Fish, Anemones, and Inverts' started by BrianH, Dec 26, 2017.

1. BrianH

BrianH Prawn Staff Member M.A.S.C Club Member

Does anyone know where i can find some rotifers here in town?

2. Fourthwind

Fourthwind Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

I will have some in about two weeks.

3. SkyShark

SkyShark Barracuda Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Murmann’s (formerly Key’s Island) had some when I was in a couple weeks ago, but that is a far drive for you.

4. BrianH

Thanks, I'll give them a call. Im used to driving far for everything reef related lol.

5. BrianH

Are you going to keep a culture going?

6. Kayvon

Kayvon Copepod

Who has amphipods?

7. Fourthwind

yes. hopefully. Got my culture yesterday. setting up the equipment today.

8. BrianH

How is your cuture going? I would buy some of your cull if you are wanting/willing to sell some.

9. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Have you tried @Rumen ? not sure the specific types he has, but he usually has tons of pods

10. Fourthwind

I have not done a count, but they are consuming food at a rapid rate. Do you have a strainer and want raw product or strained rotifers in fresh mixed water?

11. BrianH

I do have a strainer, but im just looking for a small amount to try starting a colony.

12. Fourthwind

Well I definitely have that! I can get you a quart easily. Make sure you have a suitable hatchery. I really like the one from APBreed http://apbreed.com/product_compact_culture_system.php
    I just bought the basic kit and used my own bucket. Also you need a good food supply! These little buggers consume a ton! probably 10 to 16 ounces of green water a week.

13. BrianH

I had been looking at those online, good to know you like them. I will order my kit and food tonight!

Fourthwind likes this.