1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. If you still have issues then email us at board@marinecolorado.org Thanks
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Site Upgrade complete! A new version of the forum software has been uploaded. Please let us know if you have any issues. Thanks

rumor?

Discussion in 'Stone Aquatics' started by Cherub, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Cherub

Cherub Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

Is it true you guys are closing for good at the end of the month?

2. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

Are there going to be any sales on entire systems? Like the Red Sea systems?

Cherub likes this.
  3. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Looks like it. They posted a Profile post yesterday that they are closing the store and liquidating everything

Cherub likes this.
  4. whyamisofly

whyamisofly Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Whoa.......can anyone confirm outside of a profile change?

Cherub likes this.
  5. Cherub

where did they post that? I tried calling them to check prices on a couple of things but they always go to VM. I bought a clam from them last year and it ended up popping a few aiptasia so I never went back. Still sad to see a store close

6. whyamisofly

7. whyamisofly

Edit - just found out from a "rewards" member of theirs that a text was sent out stating that they were closing their doors - so it is confirmed.

Cherub likes this.
  8. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Just talked w a employee and yep it’s true

9. Kayvon

Kayvon Copepod

What about the ICP testing?

10. Haddonisreef

Haddonisreef Kraken M.A.S.C Club Member

Goto aqua medic!:)

11. Fourthwind

Fourthwind Amphipod M.A.S.C Club Member

Damn.. Might have to go tomorrow and stock up on some stuff.

Bdk1786 likes this.
  12. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

I might have to have you be my proxy eyes for some prices on systems.

Fourthwind and Cherub like this.
  13. Cherub

I need a Kessil H380 if anyone goes there tell me prices. It's hard to pass up BRS points unless there's savings!

Bdk1786 likes this.
  14. whyamisofly

Corals 50% off, most everything else - including tanks - are 25% off

Just looked at the map and with traffic it would be over an hour drive for me, looks I'll have to make it down there tomorrow instead.

15. quackenbush

quackenbush Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Yep. I got an email through their points/rewards system saying they were closing at the end of the month. I was just in there on Friday and there was no indication that they were wrapping up... Too bad I'm dealing with a dino infestation and don't have any business taking on livestock right now...

16. halmus

halmus Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Since I just payed the annual fee for the ICP testing, I hope they’re willing to compensate a little bit.

FYI- I just wasted a trip down to the store and there’s a sign on the door saying they close at 4:00 now. So, don’t waste your time like I did.

17. whyamisofly

Great information! So glad I didn't sit in traffic to find that out!

18. aquarius

aquarius Copepod

Store will still be open for corals, fish and most dry goods are being phased out. ICP is a separate business entity and is unaffected. New hours will be closing by 4. People coming to look here then buying online with no taxes and getting points on top of that are why most LFS are struggling. As for aiptasia on a clam come on? Really? IMO that’s your own fault for not quarantining everything like you should. It’s what a responsible hobbyist would do no matter where they get their livestock from

19. aquarius

aquarius Copepod

Also AquaMedic is not even in the same ballpark as icp, two totally different testing methods and where they do overlap icp is much more accurate.

20. halmus

halmus Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Glad to hear that ICP will still be available. Thanks for clarifying.