Salifert potassium test kit?

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I have been using this kit since i started testing for potassium levels and went to order a new on this morning only to find out that everyone everywhere is out of stock. Does anyone know if the Salifert potassium test kit has been discontinued? If so what does everyone use, Elos, Red Sea, KZ, Fauna Marin, others?? I can tell if my K+ gets low from my coral color but i am a nerd and like to track levels for dosing adjustments. Thanks for your feedback.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Brian sorry I don't test phosphates so I couldn't help you. Hate to say buy might try Amazon

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm looking for the potassium (K+) test and even amazon is out of stock. I wonder if Salifert is reformulating it or discontinuing it, maybe just not producing it right now?? Google searches turn up out of stock everywhere. Guess I will get the red sea test.

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a Salifert right now but believe it or not prefer the Red Sea kits. Mostly for the nice packaging. (Stupid, I know.)

Either way, they have always returned identical results so I think they're both good.

BrianH

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
ayaws;341995 said:
I have a Salifert right now but believe it or not prefer the Red Sea kits. Mostly for the nice packaging. (Stupid, I know.)

Either way, they have always returned identical results so I think they're both good.
Good to know because I went ahead and bought the Red Sea test. It takes a lot longer to run a test but that's fine with me if it is accurate.

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sorry -- I realized after I clicked 'post' that this thread was pretty old.

Glad it's working out for you!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I'm ordering a Red sea kit next week, but no idea on the saliferts kit

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have the red sea one, I found tracking and dosing potassium only helped algae grow, corals were indifferent.