Seneye release date?

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
andyrm66;124965 said:
Good point Mike, maybe thats why they are also coupling with "spectrum meter".
That's what I'm thinking. I emailed them also. Hopefully we will get our questions answered soon.

Michael Rice
Marine Engineers Aquarium Blog
Sent from Tapatalk so excuse my poor English

andyrm66

Butterfly Fish
Got my answer! Anyone wanna loan me the money to buy one. LOL
Hello Andy,

Thanks for your e-mail and your question. I think this is something a lot of people are confused about and I’m happy to answer it and clarify that the seneye device is a full PAR meter. The seneye device measure PAR just the same as any other PAR meter. PAR is essentially a measurement of light power between 400nm and 700nm and is used to give an indication of the power of light present that is used by organisms which have photosynthetic cells such as plants and corals.

Unlike most PAR devices the seneye device is designed for aquarium use. All other PAR meters are aimed for use in greenhouses where they are more interested in the red end of the PAR spectrum as this is where most terrestrial plant get there useful light from. The seneye device is more sensitive than most at light below 450nm (bluer). This is arguably the most important spectra for coral and why most marine aquarists use additional actinic (03) spectrum bulbs.

The seneye device helps to look at light in two main ways spectral distribution and intensity (quality and quantity). The seneye device is able to show not only an overall PAR value (quantity) but also show if the light is heavier in the Blue, Green or Red ends of the spectrum so you get a better picture of if your lighting is at the correct end of the spectrum for your aquarium (quality). The existing seneye hardware platform already collects a lot more information than is used in the readings we currently display. However, it is our intention to see if it's possible to develop modules for aquatic biotope based analysis such as PUR, PAbR and PArR readings that use the data collected from the existing seneye hardware.

If you would like to find out more about the seneye lighting and of particular interest will be the diagram comparing the seneye device to other most commonly used PAR meter you can look on our website here: http://www.seneye.com/light/par.

Finally aquarium hobbyist have a PAR meter that is designed for our application and not for greenhouses.

Kind regards and I hope I have been able to help.

tom crosswell
marketing director

seneye ltd
willow end | swan plain | horsham st faith | norwich | norfolk | nr10 3hl | uk
company no. 07245685

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's going to be an amazing product. I can't wait!

Michael Rice

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah and the usb connection lanes it very open to adding more modules. It could get really interesting.

Michael Rice

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i'm skeptical of the answer ... i understand their answer but all other PAR readings more or less come from apogee type sensors and readings so i'm not sure how usefull "thier" PAR will be in real life and truthfully if it were some revolutionary type PAR sensor or calculation it would cost a lot more .....so in the end if i get one I will be cautious when interpretting the PAR readings ...nonetheless for the price it seems to be a pretty neat gadget but I think I will let you all test it out for a while first

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;125000 said:
nonetheless for the price it seems to be a pretty neat gadget but I think I will let you all test it out for a while first
Sounds great! So you order it and I'll test it for you ;)

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thank you for getting me one ordered so quickly Mike.

Michael Rice

andyrm66

Butterfly Fish
Man, if I get one, I really would like to take advantage of the sale. But do I really *NEED* it? THe Par, yes, rest of it no. But when the roll out the alk and Calcium portion, then probably. Just dont want it to be one of those "oh its neat, now it sits on the shelf" toys. I really want a NP reactor, hmmm.

andyrm66

Butterfly Fish
The idea is that wont happen, once they intro the digistrip that does most the stuff Im intrested in. Thats a big unknown. Hell for 135$ as a par meter, I cant go wrong, even if I have to carry my laptop to a friends house to compare to my tank. Less than half of what a normal par meter would cost. But if it does get to the shelf point Ill let you know, by that time they will be 189, so Ill let you have this one for 135, great deal! LOL

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm feeling left out now. I need to get mine ordered.

Michael Rice