September Meeting - DBTC Frag Swap

September Meeting - DBTC Frag Swap

• Oh HECK yeah (yes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oh my friend and I are getting coral (+1)

• My husband/wife says only if I take the kids (2 or more)

• Why would I want to have fun? (no)

• Total voters

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ok everyone the next meeting is going to be DBTC SWAP and will be hosted by our fellow reefers, Cindy (aka CindyL) and Board Member Mike (aka BajaMike) at their home. They have yet another BIG AMAZING 600+ gallon system including a 180g and a 300g display tanks with a shared remote basement sump system.

Details:

Date: September 21, 2013
Time: 1pm-4pm
Place: click HERE for a map and address - but the meeting is in Westminster just north of I-70

This meeting will count towards membership for those looking to become a badge member, just make sure you sign the sign in sheet or we wont acknowledge you were there :p Again this will be a
DBTC Swap; meaning bring a coral to swap/trade, leave with a different one. For those that don't have any corals to trade at the moment, please still plan to attend as the past few times we have had dozens and dozens of coral left over that went up for grabs in the normal DBTC style.

So stay tuned we may do some pre-registering to help it flow a little better and save some time and we will also list a time as it gets closer ...and we hope to see you all there and make this another epic event!!!!!! ....Just to give you an idea I think we had 300+ corals last time at Craig's house so you won't want to miss this one!!!!!!

HERE is the link for the Rules and Regulations on the DBTC program http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums...n-Introduction for those that are new to the community or new to the DBTC Frag Swap.

There will be the same 3 SECTIONS as our normal DBTC program and we will have an elected decision maker on what corals fall where. The three levels we will have are as follows and I have included a brief description of each type so you can get a better idea of where your corals will fall.

Beginner:This category contains fairly common corals (non rare zoas, xenia, Kenya trees, etc.) These corals are ideal for members new to the hobby, as they grow well in newer systems or low light systems.

Standard:
This category contains the majority of corals in the program, including SPS, LPS, etc. Members propagating this category of coral have a system capable of handling the coral they are asking for (i.e. established system of 4 months +, and satisfying lighting/water requirements for these corals).

Extreme:
This category contains rare or normally very expensive corals (for example, bubblegum watermelon chalice). Members propagating this level of DBTC coral have a system capable of handling any coral they are asking for (i.e. established aquarium with lighting/water parameters suitable for these challenging specimens).

Check-in will start at 1pm .....there will be a cut-off time like last the last meeting it will probably be around 1:45-2pm (final cut-off time to be determined before) after the cut-off you will NOT be able to register any more corals so try to be there by 1:45 pm please...there was at least one person last time that was too late and was not able to participate

Also please make sure to bring your corals in separate transport vessels (aka bags or pee cups) and label them with whats inside ....there will not be extra bags or pee cups there or time to re-bag them ...and nobody wants to take a coral home in their pocket :)

THERE SHOULD BE ENOUGH CORALS FOR ALL ....so even if you don't have anything to bring chances are that you will still go home with at least one!

and last but not least don't forget your COOLERS!!!

Details:

Date: September 21, 2013
Time: 1pm-4pm
Place: click HERE for a map and address - but the meeting is in Westminster just north of I-70

Stay Tuned for More Details and Updates as they come in!!!

Last edited by a moderator: