Seth can you help identify

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
I remember Seth gave me one mushroom. He said it was a gonzo something mushroom I can't remember. Anyways it has grown into eleven of them and am curious what they are and if they are rare or not.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
I swear you gave me one out of your cube. How could I have been so wrong. Well if I ever figure out how to remove them safely from the rock I might DBTC some.

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Hmmmm. Well would anyone be interested in showing me how to safely frag the mushrooms, I can offer o e in exchange for the tutelage.

rjl45

Clown Fish
I don't have personal experience, however everything I have seen and read, the person breaks the rock with a hammer and chisel. You don't want to damage the foot trying to pry it off the rock. Additonally, it can be a little cumbersome trying to get the mushroom to reattach to a piece of rubble. Most people stick the loose mushroom into a cup full of rubble and then cover the cup with some type of netting to prevent the mushroom from being swept away until it attaches itself to a piece of rock. Good luck!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Exactly what they said to frag that you would have to take the rock out and chisel them off making sure there was rock under the foot. Alternatively you could place frag plug or rubble next to the rock and wait for the mushrooms to spread on to them then remove. Nice mushrooms though for sure!!

Sctip

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
Thanks all. I'm not sure I am ready to break up the rock its on. I'll try and through some rubble next to them and see if they will spread out to them.