Seth's 150g DD SPS dominant reef

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;n642697 said:
Nice encrusted corals with good color!
I have the color, but I wish I had the growth. I have been slowly working to try and get my tank as stable as possible in hopes that the growth will boom.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks like that algae cleared right up! Can't wait to see this tank fill in. That rockwork is gonna look great when that happens.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FinsUp!;n642733 said:
Looks like that algae cleared right up! Can't wait to see this tank fill in. That rockwork is gonna look great when that happens.

there is still a lot of algae there. I am slowly getting the aptasia gone so I can manually remove more of the algae and not risk aptasia spreading. And with my fuge being so small I am constantly having to remove chaeto from it to keep my nutrients down. I am getting about 2.5 gallons of chaeto a week.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FinsUp!;n642768 said:
wow! What on earth are you feeding that tank?? LOL
pellets 4-5 times a day. And I think my rocks are leaching phosphates so I need to keep my nitrates up so the algae can leach out the phosphate from the rocks.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FinsUp!;n642773 said:
uffda! So there's no tellin' how long it'll take to clear all of that up. Dang phosphates!
Yup its slowly going away. The worst rocks are the rocks that came from my seahorse tank. The phosphates were in the .5-.6 ppm range in that tank.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am running 400w halides, VHO's, and Reefbrites.

We might have the same tank. Mine is an old aquaeon 150g XH with a single corner overflow.