She's gonna kill me build thread!!!!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I also think getting back to weekly skimmer cleanings and water changes got me back on track.

Skrappy

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
turky baste your rocks daily to loosen up anything in the rocks and get it into the water column so your skimmer can pull it all out. and if you dont have a DSB i would also stir 1-2 square feet of your sand per day. it gets packed down and grows stuff, even with a ton of nassarius snails.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just changed sediment and carbon ro filters. Need to order some di resin in next couple of weeks. Also changed out he first two of 6 bulbs. I have 8 total but never ran all 8. This time i might run all bulbs. Interesting thing i learned is the ge bulb is really high par so adding one of those next week for the high noon. So 3 blue plus,1 purpleplus, 1 ge6500 k, and 1 coral plus. The other two if i choose to tun them will be coral plus and blue plus. Dont know if i need the other two as i can cook sps on sand bed already.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I agree with mike and Vince and Cindy. Not that I have a lot of room to talk but just be patient. I've almost ignored my tank for the past 6 weeks and the coral (what's left) looks better than ever. I just feed, check alk and such, and run the magnet around every once in a while. Stick to one approach! Lots of stuff will work in this hobby. Changing from one to another doesn't. Make your decision and stick to it for a year or more. All the tanks and people I respect the most in this addiction have strong opinions about how to run a tank, and they stick to them. Many of them have slightly different approaches but at the core are the same and they defend the position passionately. If they have great results they obviously know something. Back I. The day I "copied" Steve Chang and had great results. Water changes, skimming and kalkwasser. My new tank will have almost the same recipe, with a lot of sump space, live rock, and a calcium reactor. I'm goona go slow! And enjoy it! I'm not adding any more coral, besides the great deals I got from gonzo yesterday (oops), till I have coraline algae all over the back glass.

Long point made short. Don't over think, enjoy the little stuff, keep your hands out! And keep your hands out. Don't take everyone's advice. Find a tank you like and copy.
This all still rings so true. Patience

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk