Shredded Anenome

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Woke up this morning to find out that my newly acquired GBTA fell victim to my vortech. Tank is cloudy and I was wondering if it will have a major affect on the water parameters? If so what should I do, ie...water change?

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Shredded Anenome

+5 that sucks (no pun intended) they are toxic when the get shredded from what I have read. mine decide to get sucked into my overflow last week. Lucky it saved itself by splitting and now I have 2 rbta. Good luck

Sent from Earth

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

Unfortunately bought the vortech used and didnt come with a sleeve

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
any shop that carries the vortechs should have the foam sleeves to purchase...if not, they can at least order you one.

yOdaddy

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow Lan was that the one you got from dave yesterday too? Dang man I don't know who to feel sorry for, you or the anenome who went through the shredding.. Anyway it sucked either way sorry man

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yup the one that I got from Dave, when I went to acclimate it, I put a rock under it and waited it to stick to the rock before I put it into my tank which was about 45 mins. Everything looked ok for about 3 hours before I went to bed. Guess it was the sleep walking type of anenome.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

My wife's gbta did the same thing. I put it in another tank and it recovered. However I did put in my reef to heal and at one point just before fully healing it spawned...resulting cloud of "spawnage" killed quite a few of my zoas and gorgonian. Plus 100 on water changes and carbon!

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
Dang, poor thing. I didn't even know they made sleeves for Vortechs. I better invest in a few!