Smiley's Salt System

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
i guess the first thing to do would be to paint the walls and move the electrical around. Best stuff to paint concrete block with?

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
no... right behind where i was standing is the furnace, washer, and drier. with room on the end for a sump for my dining room tank. but thats another day.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got really bored today with a sick child taking over the tv. Started playing with Sketchup.

[attachment=62873:name]

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Did a little more work on the sketchup. Cant figure out how to manipulate the cabinet on the right... want to add a 75g sump under it.

[attachment=62902:name]

the tank on the left is my frag flat... the tank on the right will be a cheato tank... the sump will be below it... and on the other side of that stud wall is office which i want to put a 90 or 120 planted tank with gobies, shrimp, and a pistol..

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Switch your view style to x-ray, you should be able to slide a sump under it. Make your sump a component or group so that it won't become part of your cabinet (it'll do funky things when you try and move it afterwards if you don't). LMK if you need some help with it.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
It's great to have a wife who enjoys the hobby. MAybe enjoy is too strong a word, tolorates is more like it. Nice looking plan.

f your doing it in a confined space Iwould recommend using a encapsulation paint drylok is pretty much a top grade primer /paint look at more of an acrylic or epoxy and concrete is very porus and paint usualy falls off after a few years a good one that seals really well and stops mold and mildew is called aftershock a 5 is about 275 you can find it at a place called interlink supply (i do handyman stuff and mold remediation i play with flooded stuff alot)