Smiley's Salt System

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
thank you thank you.... painted it today... decided to go with oil based rustoleum in a semi gloss white. I primed it with Kilz oil base primer, let it dry over night, painted it today. i forgot to put a fan in the room, so im feeling pretty good right now....need to let it dry a couple days then flip it to do some touch ups...might be able to put it in basement by next weekend.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Were you planning on putting your car on that stand? Built like a brick crap house!!!! Nice job!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
fishguy69;267363 said:
Were you planning on putting your car on that stand? Built like a brick crap house!!!! Nice job!
His car might weigh less than the tank...

You oughta see how Mike's stand is built. God help us all if we ever have to move that thing. It prolly weighs as much as the tank does!

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
At least I can sleep under mine with no worries.

But seriously.... Its basic with supports to hold anything from 48x12 to 72x24. Built it so i could have a range of options. This can fit a sump if needed but plan on using the bottom for a quarantine tank for some ungodly reason. I hear they are good to use lol.

I could have made it lighter duty but it would have cost double the price. I used 10 2x4x8 studs at $2.49 each. 1x3 were twice the price.

I'll inset oak into it and stain it dark while the 2x4 will get painted satin black.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk 2

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
"any object made from wood by mans hands shall not be called cute".....its written on the back of your man card..... you do still have one dont you?